by Scammednothappy Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unwanted EE store subscription charges: Buongiorno

Agree with you Moog.   Shameful practice.  Interesting to see it's now called 'charges from other companies'.  When I was robbed by these bandits on EE turf with EE complicity it was then called 'Other EE Services' on the bill.

by moog Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have just tried to post a section of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to show
your rights to a refund for digital content... and EE have blocked the
Post.... I think that says it all !

Consumer rights Act 2015 Section 3 subsection 45.

Why are you blocking this EE ? explain yourselves.
by Jon1009 Investigator
Investigator

Iam in the same boat. 

Checked my statement bounce games taking 1.50 per week and PlayManiax taking 2.99 per week.

Phone EE who where as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Kindly cancelled the subscribe to both that I never initiated in the first place.  Give me some automated numbers to phone to try and get a refund. (Yeah good luck with that) 

I asked EE why they never sent notification out about these subscriptions when they we setup. The response was along the line of they can't varify which are scam and which are real. Which makes no sense to the question, yet they will just set them up anyway. Joke! 

They can't provide a text asking if you signed up to these yet they can't get the contact details for both companies and text you them in 30seconds. 

Shameful service from EE for allowing this to happen in the first place.

Mean while muggins here is out of pocket of over £400. Check your bills don't put any trust in EE!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jon1009

I'm sorry to see that you have had this experience with a third party service.

You can search for contact details for the companies on our Charges to mobile help and support page.

Just locate the code shown next to the charge on your bill and pop it into the search field.

I'm sure that once you get through, you'll get some answers and hopefully they can sort this out for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unwanted EE store subscription charges: Bounce.mobi iFitness

Hi @moog.

I've had a discussion with the moderators and they can't see any notifications from their side to say that your post was deleted.

We urge customers who are unhappy with a third party charge to contact the company that initiated it.

Find more information on charges to mobile >

As @Richard_C said:-

Should you wish to make a formal complaint about a premium rate service provided by a company other than EE, please contact the Phone-paid Services Authority who regulate premium rate services on behalf of Ofcom.

Chris

by eesucks12lots Contributor
Contributor

Take it from me boys and girls...quote the LAW the OFCOM regs and they WILL GIVE A FULL REFUND. ( EE that is) Then LEAVE . I have , with four accounts. Smiley Happy

I recomend Giff Gaff.

by Jon1009 Investigator
Investigator

@Christopher_G yes I have seen that page which provides no contact information to actually speak to any one.

These are know scamming companies that EE seem to be do nothing about apart from hand customers money to them for services they haven't subscribed to. Surely you should have blacklists in place for companies like this Or at least a multistage customer verification.

by Jon1009 Investigator
Investigator

@eesucks12lots do you have any info on the law and ofcom?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Jon1009

You can contact the PSA on their contact us form.

Many thanks,

Lee

by eesucks12lots Contributor
Contributor

Search on these posts, I did , found what was required and quoted it to the nice man in india who was fobbing me off. Changed his mind straight away. Or get hold of UK EE call center. I would guess it took me 8 hours to sort it..I HATE EE and will slag them to anyone who wishes to listen. Its called customer feed back Smiley Happy

by tajk
Explorer

Just a quick follow up.

Wife filed a complaint with EE regarding the bogus third party charges so had a call back from a manager.

The EE manager / rep. then proceeded to explain to my wife how she may have inadvertently subscribed to the service by accidently clicking on a link.

I quote these are the words he used 'accidently clicking on a link'.

Unbelievable - EE are totally complicit in this fraud - CROOKS R US.

by FranF Investigator
Investigator

I just discovered I have also been scammed- initially the charges were shown as 'other T-mobile services - outside allowance' 4 charges from 'Bounce MobiG'

then as 'Services from other companies - outside allowance' from APIGEE C BounceGame

Like others, at no time did I wittingly subscribe to any games from these operators.

My phone call to somoeone called  "Veereg" resulted in his saying he would block me from downloading games in future (as if it was somehow my fault that I'm being ripped off by them) , but refusing to acknowledge EE/TMobile's part in the scam.  'You keep downloading games' was basically what he was saying.  Eventually he spoke to a 'superior' who agreed to refund £12.50 of the £28 that has been fraudulently taken.

I can see that the next thing is to register a complaint - then what? OFQUAL or the police? 

by NobblySan Investigator
Investigator

I got the same blatant BS from them regarding my wife's account. The date
and time that she allegedly 'signed up' was when she was teaching in school
with her phone turned off.

As soon as the contract ended I ditched this shower of thieves and moved her
account to Vodafone. I've been with them for years with no such problems.
by Jon1009 Investigator
Investigator

@NobblySan

Yes I’am the same I found out the exact time and date I was meant to sign up for these having looked back at photos taken on my phone I was at a beach with my kids, Iam sure anyone with 2 kids under 3 running in different directions would think hold up you know what let me just sign up to some gaming website that I’ve never heard of, now seems like the perfect time to do this. 

I will be moving all my phones away from EE at the turn of the year. The so-called support team on this forum is almost as bad as the CS department in denying this problem exists. No doubt one will pitch in soon enough and copy and paste the exact standard response they give to everyone with this issue. 

The FACT is EE allowing 3rd party services to charge customers for services without any verification to if these transactions are Fraudulent or Real. Instead of saying they are all Fraudulent and protecting customers by applying a better vetting/verifications process. They are taking it that all of them a Real and passing any fraudulent responsibility onto the customer.

Not only that once a customer has made EE aware that these transactions are fraud they are not proactively addressing the situation for example BounceGames people have been complaining on this forum since 2016 about not signing up to this services and people are still complaining today. What are EE doing looking the other way when taking a percentage of the payment.

It’s not even about the money (well it is but) it’s the principle of the trust people put into a company like EE and are being let down time and time again.

I would recommend everyone reports this to the ActionFraud line @ http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ report the companies you have been scammed by but mainly report EE as their complicity in allowing this to happen by having systems in place that are unfit for purpose, allow abuse and take no responsibility.   

by Jon1009 Investigator
Investigator

Hello, Just a quick update the direct link to report this is http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-fraud-about-you

I have just spoken to the national fraud line recommend that you file a case with them against the company that’s scammed you. Also speak to OFCOM about this as the provider (EE) has a responsibility to its customers.

You can also file a complaint with the Ombudsman’s Service as EE is a member for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme. Basically these will be a middleman between yourself and EE they will have direct contact to the correct people not the Customer Service team that will read you the same garbage that their screen tells them to. This is a direct link if you think your case warrants this https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications/complain-now

I wouldn’t waste your time by going to the company that’s scammed and getting the run around trying to get a refund which is what EE keep telling you to do to hopefully sicken you and moved on. However, |’am like a dog with a bone and will not let this go. The provider should protect customers from this behaviour.

I will keep you updated to how I progress once I know more about our rights as customer once I have spoken to some legal friends.

Contributor

Note to FranF : EE have offered you £12.50.     Normally they tell you to go to the third party as it's 'nothing to do with them'.   So in your case the manager appears to admit EE liability.   But why should they offer less than half the amount stolen from you?  I think you should go back to them get the full amount.

I've reported EE to Action Fraud and BBC Watchdog and will be aiming at a national newspaper next.

by Jon1009 Investigator
Investigator

@Scammednothappy

Do you have a link to report direct to watch dog also?

Ive read some article about this sort of thing on the Independent website so might be worth trying them. As clearly EE arent accepting their part in this.

I have just had a email back Emma @ Bounce providing so called images of the Ad I clicked on then confirmed never seen them in my life. Complete like and standard response. Ive check the meta data of the images which where created after the supposed signup date.

However this doesnt resolve the issue with EE letting down its customers by not safe guarding them from Fruad,

Contributor

Thanks Jon1009

The link to Watchdog is: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

I'll try the Independent - thanks.   Will also try the local newspaper as they'll be happy to warn the local populus.

by Happyman1
Visitor

Having read through the thread on this topic, I prepared some points to raise with T-Mobile / EE when I rang them. I didn't need to bring up all of them as T-Mobile / EE agreed to a full refund of just under £150 within minutes of the call starting. 

1. Payments were made by T-Mobile / EE to a third party from my account with no authorisation. 

2. I indicated that I had contacted OFCOM and ASA and that they advised me to contact T-Mobile / EE to afford them the opportunity to put the situation right.

3. If no action by T-Mobile / EE then OFCOM, ASA and the Telecommunications  Ombudsman would be advised that I would like them to take action on my behalf.

4. As T-Mobile / EE is aware of this scam taking place since 2016 it is classed as a breach of the law concerning communications and they have a duty of care to protect their customers.

5. If T-Mobile / EE were not prepared to refund, I would require the full transaction log and the third party partner interaction log for subscription over the last year. It is a legal requirement that they provide this for the Ombudsman to take up the case.

6. Television programmes Watchdog and X-Ray would be notified of implicit fraud for financial gain.

However, just saying the words I want a refund of unauthorised payments and T-Mobile / EE were aware of this and therefore had a duty of care and that I had spoken to OFCOM and ASA, the floor manager said I totally understand and I will send a text confirming a refund to your bank - this text was received within minutes. 

So, challenge them with confidence and T-Mobile / EE will refund. 

Hope this helps.

by MartaB35UK

Well, this is not true I have not clicked anything, don't have any app that should not send this silly messages. I have to cancel once, 1 year ago the same bouncy game message. EE customers then helped me without any issues. told me they blocked this number and will not receive any messages from bouncy games. 1 year later received again the same message. I was off sick for last 5 days and didn't use my mobile at all so I am 100% sure didn't click anything. I text stop to this message bouncy game send me an don't have any confirmation will not be charged. Not sure whats going on. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.