Highlighted
by ajc459 Investigator
Investigator

Stop extra charges

Every month my phone is more expensive than the basic flat rate. I have extra numbers on my bill as well so not just paying for my own phone

just this month there were charges for picture messages, international calls and even games bought on my sons iPad were billed to my account. Somehow my wife’s number was used to set payment method on his iPad. But even so my wife’s number shouldn’t have this authority to bill my account.

surely in this day and age there must be a way for EE to stop any and all charges that fall outside the basic contractual amount.

how can I get this done?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Stop extra charges

@ajc459  All of what you’ve mentioned has been done by the user of the device in question.  

International calls are chargeable and will show on your EE account who made them.

Pictures Messages ( MMS for short ) are chargeable. Just look on your EE account to see who’s been sending them.  

Games purchased on the iPad have been set up via iTunes to to have mobile account billing and your WiFi’s number was used as the billing number.   

You can turn off international calls for any or all your devices from with your online account.  

You can turn off MMS from the device in question and point out to that ussr that these picture message cost.   You can even request EE customer services to block MMS on the account.

As for downloading games on the iPad.   You need to login to the Apple account that these games where downloaded under and go to Payment & Shipping and remove the payment method in question,  you can select NONE   I suspect your son might of set this up without asking you first and put your wife’s number as the payment method.   

BEE3935E-9869-4B18-AA9E-CF24AA614BB5.png

Have a read of THIS on how you can stop this from happening in the future.  

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ajc459: Your contract isn't just for your basic monthly fee. You contacted to pay for all the things you do outside your basic monthly allowances, like picture messages, international calls and games purchased.

You may put a cap on these extras - see How do I set up and manage Spend Cap? 

Sounds like you need some discipline at home. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @ajc459

i can understand your frustration at your bill being higher than expected.  However, unless your plan includes picture messages , each one sent incurs a cost that’s added to your bill. 

Is the iPad on your account with EE?

as a parent myself, I’ve had an issue in the past when kids have downloaded games, apps etc that add charges to my account. 

Your best bet going forward with regards to picture messages is to buy a bolt on pack that will give you a set amount per month for a small fee if you tend to use them on a regular basis. 

by ajc459 Investigator
Investigator

Yep, a spend cap is what I need. I don’t want to buy anything extra. If someone try’s to send a picture message, phone international, buy a game, I want that to be declined 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@ajc459  All of what you’ve mentioned has been done by the user of the device in question.  

International calls are chargeable and will show on your EE account who made them.

Pictures Messages ( MMS for short ) are chargeable. Just look on your EE account to see who’s been sending them.  

Games purchased on the iPad have been set up via iTunes to to have mobile account billing and your WiFi’s number was used as the billing number.   

You can turn off international calls for any or all your devices from with your online account.  

You can turn off MMS from the device in question and point out to that ussr that these picture message cost.   You can even request EE customer services to block MMS on the account.

As for downloading games on the iPad.   You need to login to the Apple account that these games where downloaded under and go to Payment & Shipping and remove the payment method in question,  you can select NONE   I suspect your son might of set this up without asking you first and put your wife’s number as the payment method.   

BEE3935E-9869-4B18-AA9E-CF24AA614BB5.png

Have a read of THIS on how you can stop this from happening in the future.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions