by TH7610

Re: Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it

My son has received text messages and replied to some from 66668. It’s says it’s chargeable? It also says I need to forward it to 7726 but I’m unsure how? I’ve blocked the number is this enough? 
help?! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @TH7610

Welcome to the community.

It seems like this isn't a spam/phishing scam, it's a service provided by Bongo Operations Pty Ltd.

You can find more information on our third party services tool.

Our Mobile Care team will be able to help stop these services, and anything similar on that mobile number.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @TH7610

Welcome to the community.

It seems like this isn't a spam/phishing scam, it's a service provided by Bongo Operations Pty Ltd.

You can find more information on our third party services tool.

Our Mobile Care team will be able to help stop these services, and anything similar on that mobile number.

Chris

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Am getting texts from a number 66668. I am being charged. What to do?

@TH7610 :  These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

The PSA has the following information about the shortcode number below:-

Customer care number 0800 088 5022

Customer care email uk@askbongo.com

Customer care website http://www.askbongo.com/uk

Search result provided by

Service connected on 10 January 2012

Service terminated on This service is still operating

Name of service AskBongo

Type of service has not provided this information

Service description

Ask Bongo any question. To opt-out from marketing messages sent STOP to 85558 or for help, email uk@askbongo.com or call 08000885022. 16+ Only!

How much does this service cost? has not provided this information

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider .

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

You should also text BAR to 150 to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions