Highlighted
by
Explorer

Paid an extra bill after paying to upgrade early

Hi,

I upgraded with EE 2 months early (last week) and I paid my last 2 bills upfront which was £105. I then continued with the upgrade paid the upfront £30 and started a new contract of £39 a month whereas it was before £53 a month.

Today £55 has been taken from my account despite paying the last 2 bills upfront so I shouldn't have been charged until next month and at my new rate of £39? 

Please could I have this bill refunded as I had already paid it upfront or could I be informed where this extra charge has come from please as I was not informed about paying a 3rd bill when I only had 2 months left on my contract.

Kind regards

Katie

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Paid an extra bill after paying to upgrade early

@katie2202  The last two bills that you paid upfront was to pay off your old contract they are not part of your new contract.  You chose to upgrade early so you need to terminate your old contract by paying it off. 

And so now you’ve been billed for your new contract and that includes from when you got this device to your billing period and for the month ahead.  

You should’ve waited until you was in your upgrade period which is 45 days before your minimum term date you would then not have to pay off any contract to its minimum term date which is what you have done because you upgraded before your upgrade period.  So you have to pay to get out the contract and then your billed for your new contract

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @katie2202

Thanks for coming to the community.

Does your bill breakdown in your My EE account, show charges for two plans?

If so, are they both the same plan?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. I upgraded in the 45 days it wasn’t quite 2 months. 

My new plan is a different cost so this was for the old plan still that I had paid off.

I spoke to the customer support earlier and they said that it will come off my next bills as it comes out automatically if the month was up which it was when I upgraded

thanks for your help 🙂

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @katie2202

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions