by Bernard3347
Visitor

I have not subscribed to p playpuzzle but the have charged my account four times

How do I cancel p playpuzzle from my account it's charged me four times now 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have not subscribed to p playpuzzle but the have charged my account four t

@Bernard3347: What no. is against this charge in your bill?

These will probably be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

You should also ask EE to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by muggles708 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: I have not subscribed to p playpuzzle but the have charged my account four t

@Bernard3347 wrote:

How do I cancel p playpuzzle from my account it's charged me four times now 

I'm sorry you have become a victim of one of these scams. It is quite possible that your number was provided via a rogue App on your ‘phone, or you may have clicked on an innocent looking Ad while browsing the web.

You need to be aware that while you are connected to the internet via mobile data, your number may be passed by EE to third parties for charging purposes. The mechanism by which this happens is called 'Payforit'.  This can’t happen while you are connected by WiFi. Once the third party has your number they can send you chargeable text messages and, very unfairly in my opinion, it will be your job to argue for a refund!

The Payforit mechanism was intended to make it easy for consumers to purchase goods and services and have them charged to their 'phone bill. Unfortunately Payforit has proven to be very insecure and hardly a day goes by without someone reporting another scam on here.

I have put details of how to deal with these scams on my website at http://payforitsucks.co.uk

Unfortunately EE and all of the other networks have no incentive to bring these scams to an end, as they receive a share of the income from them. EE claim to be able to  put a 'charge to bill' bar on your account to stop these third party charges.

The steps you ought to be taking are (with links to detailed instructions):

1. Stop further charges being made
  2. Get a refund of any charges already taken
  3. Complain to the Phone-paid Services Authority
  4. Protect yourself from further 'charge to bill' scams

Let me know if can offer any further help or advice. These scams are a disgrace to the mobile communications industry.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.