by Lizzy65 Investigator
Investigator

I have a phone that was taken out in my friends name.I now have an account with

I have a phone that was taken out by my friend for me.I now have an account with ee.can they add the 2 together without telling me

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I have a phone that was taken out in my friends name.I now have an account w

Hi @Lizzy65

Welcome to the EE Community,

to swap it from your friends account to your account both account holders would need to be present as a change of  ownership would need to be completed.

by Lizzy65 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I have a phone that was taken out in my friends name.I now have an account w

I pay my phone that she got for me.can they just add my new account onto it without asking.I lost my mum just before Xmas n my bills hv just gone everywhere.but on checking my number taken out with my friends it is £40 extra but they won't tell me what it is cos it isn't my account 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your friend can't touch your a/c w/out your permission. You need to act in unison to sort these a/c's out to what you want.

What is your new a/c for? Is it for another line other than the 1 your friend took out for you?

What's the difference if you paying £40 for the phone she took out for you + what you pay for your new a/c?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lizzy65 if your friend adds the number from her account to yours without your permission then that's fraud.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Lizzy65

I am very sorry to hear you lost your Mum, I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.

Is the number showing on your account?

In regards to the extra charges, you can text BALANCE to 150 to show any extra charges on your account each month and how much allowance you have remaining.

Hope this helps, Leanne.

by Lizzy65 Investigator
Investigator

It's hard to explain what I mean lol.my friend took out a contract phone for me.I then a few month ago took 1 out for my son in my own name.he lost the phone (with no insurance ) n because of all the trouble iv had.I hv not been able to pay it.but now my own Phone bills hv doubled.could ee hv added my contract with my friends without I asking me.I can't phone them because it's not in my name.

Sent from my Samsung device
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lizzy65

Thanks for coming back to me.

If the account is not in your name then this would not be on the same account as the one you took out for your son.

If your friend has a My EE account they can let you know what your extra charges are for.

Have you been calling premium rate numbers or sending picture messages?

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, EE wouldn't have done that. They are separate contracts under separate a/c's under separate names.

You should ask your friend for a copy of the monthly bill if it has gone up unexpectedly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.