by mhumphris Investigator
Investigator

How do we pay off an EE aged debt that if we no longer have an EE contract?

There are small outstanding EE debts showing on a credit report. How do we get these paid off? EE won't speak to us as we are not existing customers and won't tell us who the debt sits with although they did say it was with their collections department. Can we speak to collections if we are not customers? if so how do we contact them to get this debt paid off urgently?

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: How do we pay off an EE aged debt that if we no longer have an EE contract?

It's what ever debt company they use.

It won't be a small debt anymore the debt company would have added their fees which I crease over time.

You need to ask EE what company they used.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Hi

Thanks for reply. We have spoken to the debt company that had it and they advised they had returned the debt back to EE. The issue we have is that EE won't speak to us or give us any information as we don't have a contract with them anymore. All they have said it is with their "collections" department and thats all. My query is how do we speak to their "collections" department to get the debt paid off? Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

How does EE use my credit file information? should tell you how to contact EE over this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mhumphris

Welcome to the community. 

There should be an account/reference number with collection agency.

That may help our Mobile or Broadband Care team find the account and, after passing security, advise you further.

Chris

Investigator

Hi. Thanks yes we have looked at that. Issue now resolved by going to an EE shop, getting them to provide access to the account and then ringing EE customer services who then put us through to "Collections" to pay the debt. All sorted now hopefully. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @mhumphris

I'm happy to hear you got it sorted.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions