cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I transfer an account to another bill payer please?

CazW
Investigator
Investigator

I currently pay my son's mobile phone bill and have tried phoning EE numerous times to transfer to so that he pays it himself. They have to speak to me as the bill payer but need his permission too, obviously, but then h's called them only to be told they need my permission, so we're stuck in a loop. This has been going on for months and now I can't remember my password or where I set up the account to reset it (the oddest security question I've ever come across; who remembers stuff like that?!!) so EE say they can't do anything. They also say it's best to call them together but we don't live together and both work so that's not easy to do.

Can anyone suggest how I can transfer the account please? Many thanks, yours in desperation!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You need to call EE and request this.

The person taking it over has to be with you to confirm all their details etc.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
CazW
Investigator
Investigator

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You need to call EE and request this.

The person taking it over has to be with you to confirm all their details etc.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Thanks for such a swift response Brendon. I guess that's the only solution then.

Problem is I can't remember my password when I call them so one more question if I may? I've just set up my online account; so you think that password will work? 

Many thanks, Caz 

@CazW. Your online account password is not the same password. 

Thanks Chris. So that is my problem because when I call EE I can't remember

my password. When I tried yesterday they asked a security question instead, which was an odd one about where I first set up the account e.g. In store or online. It was so long ago I can't remember, so I can't even reset the password! I'm on the verge of just cancelling my DD, which would give me a bad credit rating so I'm stuck paying this bill forever!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CazW

Are you looking to just change the bill payer or is your son going to be the account holder going forward (and own the contract).

If you're passing by an EE store, it may be worth popping in. They'll help you verify the account.

Chris

Hi Chris,

my son will be the account/contract holder. I tried  in store & they said they couldn't help for security reasons, partly because I have also changed to my married name so the account was in my maiden name. I've changed my surname online now & will try again in store tomorrow with ID for both names. 

Thanks for your help 🙂

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

That sounds like a plan, @CazW

Once there's a note on the account explaining you're happy for your son to take over the account, they'll be able to do the rest with him over the phone.

Let me know how you get on in-store.

Chris 🙂

Hi @Christopher_G,

With the correct ID the store were able to change both my name & password. We just have to wait 24hours for it to go through the system then we can move the account to my son, so we're almost there, phew!

Thanks for your help and a very Happy 2019 to you!

Caz 😀