Highlighted
by bruceuk Investigator
Investigator

FRAUD: PLAYMANIAX

PLAYMANIAX TEXT MESSAGE

Just received the PLAYMANIAX text .... I can assure you I did NOT click on any link.

When I sent the STOP txt I was warned I will be billed for the STOP text... this is fking rediculous.

"Clicking a link" is a bullsh!t response anyway, it is not possible to match your mobile number to your IP address by simply clicking on a link..... this is FRAUD and involves EE or somebody inside EE

My conclusion:

There is no "link" , the "throw back scum" are simply using lists of mobile numbers and claiming you signed up knowing EE WILL PLAY ALONG. Any internet log proving you signed up will be a forgery.

There are various seperate threads for the same problem. Everybody needs to come together and lodge a class action against EE.

Same Issue:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-bills/playmaniax-unauthorised-subscription/td-p/382273

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Texting-and-messaging/70012047-is-this-a-scam/td-p/524496

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-bills/playmaniax-unauthorised-subscription/td-p/382273

Why is PLAYMANIAX ONLY a problem on EE???

How are they able to link IP address to mobile number without EE assistance???

Being charged to send a STOP txt to a service you never signed up to is EXTORTION!!

EE MUST refund ALL PLAYMANIAX invoices!!

11 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: FRAUD: PLAYMANIAX

You need to ring EE to put a block on all premium text numbers.

You then need to get your refund from playmaniax. 

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by TheHippoMan Contributor
Contributor

The Consumer Rights Act 2015, s.45(4) about the purchase of digital content says the following:-

The trader must give the refund using the same means of payment as the consumer used to pay for the digital content, unless the consumer expressly agrees otherwise.

playmaniax are unable to process a refund back to your phone bill. You need to insist upon your statutory right to a refund back on your phone bill. This makes EE liable because they were negligent when they allowed third parties to offer a service for digital content that takes away your statutory right to a refund. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE were not negligent.

EE didn't know at the time the account holder did not sign up for this. 

The account holder needs to do what I outlined above.

Brendon (Android Expert)
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Playmaniax can send a cheque.

Brendon (Android Expert)
Contributor

EE were not negligent.

EE didn't know at the time the account holder did not sign up for this.

The account holder needs to do what I outlined above.

They were negligent by removing the customers statutory right to a refund on his billing account (or pay as you go credit).

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

How so? Read my comments.

He needs to contact playmaniax

Brendon (Android Expert)
by HJKL Investigator
Investigator

Re: FRAUD: MobileMagic

Exactly the same thing has happened to me.

Spurious costings on the bill with no explanation - after quizzing EE they tell me it is a third party service that has come from a 'recycled number' but then it appears the service  from the third party was subscribed to, six months AFTER I took the original EE subscription out!

Got the report from MPS, I daresay a very convenient forgery also.

But the icing on the cake is: - the SIM is in an Osprey mobile wifi device that has no means of subscription, viewing of content or acknowledgement! 

EE have passed the buck to MPS who are taking it up with MobileMagic for a refund. We will see what happens. If no refund I'll cancel all the business EE telephone acounts.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@HJKL  But it’s not EE billing you it’s the 3rd party and you know this and yet your blaming EE for it.  

by HJKL Investigator
Investigator

My Direct Debit goes out to EE, which I'm pretty sure, means they are billing me. Not MobileMagic.

If I bought some milk from Tesco and it was off, I'd go back to Tesco for a refund, not the farmer or the cow.

@Chris_B I've read your comments thus far - it's painfully obvious you work for EE.

Contributor

But it’s not EE billing you it’s the 3rd party and you know this and yet your blaming EE for it.

But @HJKL didn’t authorise a third party to take money from his account. 

In the same way that if my bank, visa or PayPal authorised money to come out of my bank account without my consent without the requirement of a password or PIN being used, they would be liable. 

by kevpiggy

Have been charged around £80 over a few month period by Playmaniax! Only happened when I enetered into a new contract this summer. As I also pay my daughters bill, EE amalgamated my 3 bills together so I guess I havent been on the ball in realising. What a pain in the a**e it is to try and get compensated! Its designed this way unfortunately so people give up and all parties benefit (except the consumer of course). There have been complaints about this dating back to 2015. It makes me very suspicious as to why EE hasnt reined in any company causing its customers problems? My first contract ends with EE this month and my last (broadband) in the summer. Wheels are already in motion for the 1st to go and ALL will be gone when the time is up. My advice would be go somewhere else for your services, but hey ho

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.