by
EE Community Support Team

Extra plan charge on your EE bill? Here’s what it could be

If you’ve upgraded your phone, taken an additional line with us, or changed your plan recently, you may have seen an extra charge on your last bill.

This is known as a part charge, or you might have seen it called a pro-rata charge for the price plan you have chosen.

Whatever the name, we know there’s some confusion about it. So what’s it all about?

Is EE overcharging me?

It may look like you’ve been overcharged, but the “extra” charge is just what you owe since you started your new plan.

When you upgrade, add an additional line or change your plan, we don’t charge you straight away. Instead, we wait until your usual bill date and then charge you for the weeks you’ve used so far. 

But on that same bill we’ll also charge you your standard amount for the month ahead, as line rental is paid in advance, which means that this bill will be larger than normal.

Is my EE bill wrong?

The amount you’ll be charged will depend on when you started your new plan. If you upgrade your phone three weeks into your billing month, your bill at the end of that month will show a charge for the one week of your new plan, plus the charge for the month ahead.

In some cases this could mean getting a bill for five, six, seven weeks of your contract in one go, but it’s the only way we can charge you the right amount.

Why is there also a credit on my EE bill?

We always charge customers for the month ahead, rather than the month just gone, so if you change your plan part way through the month either as a price plan change or part of your upgrade we need to refund you for the weeks of your old plan that you didn’t use.

We’ll credit your EE account and use this to reduce your total bill to the correct amount.

We’re here to help

Though this may be an unexpected cost, rest assured that it’s a one-off and all your future bills will be as expected for the price plan you have chosen.

But if you’d like to discuss it further don’t hesitate to get in touch with us or leave a comment below.

2 REPLIES 2
by Audrey3

Re: Extra plan charge on your EE bill? Here’s what it could be

Hi my broadband bill has increased by £15 this month and Im not understanding why. I'm on an 18 month contract and nothing has changed from my household and i've had no contact with EE so why has there been an increase?

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Extra plan charge on your EE bill? Here’s what it could be

Hi there @Audret3

Thanks for coming here.

If you give our home broadband team a call they will be able to get this looked into for you and let you know what the charge is for.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.