by bennymcf

EE Services and LV Food scam

Hi There,

I have been reviewing my bills as they have been a lot higher than agreed at the beginning of my contract. I noticed that, since July 2015,  I was being charged £2.99 a week for a LVFOOD text service that I have never deliberately signed up for,

Unlike other rogue charges, this was not regisytered as a third party fee and was detailed on my bill as an Extra EE Charge. 

I have contacted Bounce.Mobi, the charlatans who provide this dubious 'service' but they are refusing to refund the money they have been taken form my account - as they argue they sent a text alerting me to the charges. I assumed, having not signed up to the service, that bthey were spam/phishing texts so did not click on any link nor ring/text any number.

What they do, and what they are allowed to do by EE, is deliberately fraudlent and designed to extract money from people unwittingly. My contract with EE is due to expire and I shall not being reniewing it unless they refund the full amount. I shall also be complaining to PhonePayPlus, Ofcom, ASA - not to mention the press for whom I work - and will not give up until the full amount is repaid. 

If anyone has had any other experiences like this then please let me know and I will use it ot further expose these unlawful practices, In the meantime, please check your bills at all times because there seems to be a number of these leech-like companies who think its acceptable to behave this way. 

36 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: EE Services and LV Food scam

Hi, 

Phone EE CS and ask them to block premium numbers/services on your account. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What no., probably starting 700.., is shown against these charges in your bill?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Procion_Blue

Hi, I have just discovered I have been subject to this same scam since May this year. Like you I noticed the texts but assumed they were simply spam as I certainly had not subscribed to anything. . I was in touch with Ee yesterday who unsubscribed me and I further asked them to put a bar on any further   "subscriptions" or charges being added to my account. EE said they would contact lv Bounce asking for a refund which they did and I received an email from bounce  today and of course are not consenting to give me any refund saying I clicked on a link. I am appalled at the scale (that I am disvovering on this site) of references to others being caught in this same scam. In pages and pages of other discussions and from what I've looked at - only a fraction of the entries-  I don't see any examples of anybody having successfully claimed the money back that they have lost. Nor do I see EE doing anything about it either. Unlike you I have another year and a half of EE before my contract ends or I would be pulling the plug immediately. It looks to me that EE have a lucrative income stream from these sources and are content to let their customers be kept in the dark about this  and continue to be exploited. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Procion_Blue

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting Smiley Happy

If you want to stop receiving chargeable text messages from third parties GET IN TOUCH with us and we can ensure that you stop receiving them.

However, by barring these chargeable text messages you may still receive non-chargeable ones.

If you have subscribed to a third party subscription service and you want to end that subscription or if you want to stop receiving chargeable text alerts from that service, you need to send the word ‘STOP’ or the words ‘STOP ALL’ to the shortcode and you should not receive any more chargeable text messages from third parties.

You may still receive text messages that are not chargeable. More information on using the ‘STOP’ command can be found on the PhonepayPlus website

For more information please see our STOPPING UNWANTED CALLS AND TEXTS help and support pages.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by thetoothdoc Investigator
Investigator

My son uses the phone on my account , he has recently been in France so I checked his bill which was higher this month . I noticed that there were weekly charges of £2.50 for other EE services which I had assumed were additional data useage charges it was only when querying this online that I was advised that these were actually third party charges for BounceMobi claiming that he had signed up for a food recipe service .

there is absolutely no way that this is something he would ever do or need and although they claim that there were monthly text messages to advise us of this we actually only received 2 over an 11 month period which we assumed were spam messages .

Its clear that EE has a cosy relationship with this company and that they profit by this arrangement and judging by the number of posts about this company we are not the first to be scammed . BounceMobi clearly has no intention to refund any money but since my contract is with EE it should be them that refund the charges .

The contact at EE cancelled the subscription when I queried what the charges were for without even being asked to do so , so I wonder how many customers are actually being scammed by them that the operators are so aware of this .

My son would have no need for this service , has never accessed the web site and has not received monthly texts from them advising of charges so its clear fraud .

Its amazing how quickly I received an e mail from BounceMobi once the subscription was stopped .

Perhaps Ofcom needs to be informed of this company ? 

Definitely a letter or call to a consumer watchdog is needed and perhaps action in the small claims court .

by thetoothdoc Investigator
Investigator

My son uses the phone on my account , he has recently been in France so I checked his bill which was higher this month . I noticed that there were weekly charges of £2.50 for other EE services which I had assumed were additional data useage charges it was only when querying this online that I was advised that these were actually third party charges for BounceMobi claiming that he had signed up for a food recipe service .

There is absolutely no way that this is something he would ever do or need and although they claim that there were monthly text messages to advise us of this we actually only received 2 over an 11 month period which we assumed were spam messages .

Its clear that EE has a cosy relationship with this company and that they profit by this arrangement and judging by the number of posts about this company we are not the first to be scammed . BounceMobi clearly has no intention to refund any money but since my contract is with EE it should be them that refund the charges .

The contact at EE cancelled the subscription when I queried what the charges were for without even being asked to do so , so I wonder how many customers are actually being scammed by them that the operators are so aware of this .

My son would have no need for this service , has never accessed the web site and has not received monthly texts from them advising of charges so its clear fraud .

Its amazing how quickly I received an e mail from BounceMobi once the subscription was stopped .

Perhaps Ofcom needs to be informed of this company ? 

Definitely a letter or call to a consumer watchdog is needed and perhaps action in the small claims court .

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @thetoothdoc

I understand your frustration with this type of charge.

Have you been in contact with BounceMobi in relation to the charges?

If you do have a complaint in relation to the services they offer, please do get in contact with the regulator for these types of service.

Phone-paid Service Authority (formally phone pay plus)

Hope this helps,

Lee

by Simonconnor1

Hi

I have just checked my bill and been charged £2.99 a month for the same thing. I phoned EE who said it was Lv food. I recalled having an e mail from them. I called the number provided by EE. When I phoned they said I MUST of subscribed to it on a link that clearly said subscribe free for a period of time then I would be charged. I absolutely who not do this I would not and am very careful not too. I also got EE to block all this kind of practice and LV FOOD agreed in the end they would send me a refund by texted that i would collect then from post office. It's a disgrace that this can happen. Anything I can do let me know

regards

simon

by Heema
Visitor

In the past of couple of months I ve been charged over 150 pounds from my EE bills

I have never subscribe with LV food and every month I'm shocking with the amount of money I ve been charged.

I would appreciate if I could get some help and full refund as the last amount Ive been charged was 200 pounds.

Thank you

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Heemawatee

by Moonface72
Explorer

Hi I've also been scammed.  Just had a text from them so sent Stop to the number advised.  Then called EE who've advised they have had about  £100!

I've never registered for this so have emailed them cs@infomedia.co.uk  I've advised them I'm going to the regulator if they don't refund me.

by Moonface72
Explorer

What if you haven't subscribed. Where are they buying our numbers from? I'm over £100 out of pocket!

by josephsp

I got a message today from LVFood giving me 24 hours to unsubscribe or start paying £3 a week! How would they get the money from me? From reading above they'd get it via my EE bill. I clearly have not subscribed to this . And why would I? £3 a week for a load of menus. Ridiculous and clearly an EE endorsed scam. Absolutely disgusting and worth raise with offtel.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@josephsp: These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

You should also ask EE to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @josephsp,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @XRaySpeX.

You can also find more information on our charge to mobile help page.

Thanks

James

by OR

I I have also been targeted by the LV Food scam but have yet to take any action. But I will do so.

by Carlos1984

I have also been charged without knowing that I have signed up. How do i go about getting my money back? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carlos1984: Contact the service you have subscribed to.

by

Hi @Carlos1984,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can find out more about the service you have subscribed to on our charge to mobile help page.

Hope this helps.

James

by Phil_Honda Investigator
Investigator

Hi, exactly the same scam has been done to me by LV foods. I have contacted EE re this, & found that LV have charging my EE account £3/week for 9months!! .....I know now I should have checked my bills..but I didn't expect that this scam could be done. I have not knowingly subscribed to.LD foods. I've had EE block any further charges, & I've requested a full refund. If no refund is made, I'll be pursuing the refund thro Ofcom, PSA.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.