cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Twice on new contract

SeanEly1980
Explorer

I upgraded last month, and have been charged the full months cost for my previous contract and the full months cost for my new contract all in one month. 

Answers have suggested that you pay the first (X)days of the month with your old premium and the  remaining (X)days at your new premium, this has not happened, I have paid in full twice.

Other posts have suggested that "you pay a month in hand so if you upgraded blah blah blah you still have to pay" Well, I have paid both month in hand and retrospectively which seems odd.

Ideally I wanted to just email this to the accounts team and, due to Covid-19, allow them to sort it out when they can, but since I can not seem to be able to do that I have posted here.

In short, I have been charged twice, please refund me.

Cheers.

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SeanEly1980  You’ll need to call customer services about this as there is no email address you can use.   And just to check you did upgrade and not just take out a new contract? 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SeanEly1980

Welcome to the community.

Do you have two numbers showing on your bill?

When did you upgrade, was this on your billing date?

Leanne.

I only have one phone number on the bill as it was an upgrade of phone and change of contract.I have two billing dates showing the 11th (my new contract and phone) and the 24th (my old contract and phone)Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Leanne_T

Hi @SeanEly1980

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have you been charged for your old plan up until your upgrade date?

Our Understanding your bill after an upgrade, Help page has information on part charges when you upgrade.

Leanne.

I have same issue please email or call to sort out! 

James_B

Hi @Sammie2121,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have two separate direct debits been taken from your account, or just one?

If it was just one, have you checked your bill in My EE to see the breakdown of your bill?

James

Just the one, I paid extra on the 31st Jan also so I should of only been changed my monthly bill

Sent from my iPhone
James_B

Hi @Sammie2121,

What are the unexpected charges listed as on your bill?

James

@Sammie2121   Paid extra ?  What does that mean ?