by GarethWilliams Contributor
Contributor

Changed my bill date - what to expect?

Hi,

On Friday just gone (4th Jan) I spoke to a live chat as I wanted to change my bill date to the 1st of every month, instead of the 27th. I wanted my plan to refresh bang on the start of every month, rather than the end.

My payment date as it stands is the 4th, but will change to the 9th when the bill date changes.

On the MYEE my bill period is still showing 27th Dec - 26th Jan.

I was told once this peroid ends a new period would start between 27th Jan - 1st Feb then my normal payment will be taken on the 4th along with an extra 5 days payment, then to the 9th from March. When a bill starts 1st Feb - Mar.

Is this correct? 🙂

I had this text from EE today. I’m not sure if this is related to the above or my upgrade to the XS Max and a new plan ( I think it’s the former )

“Hi, as you've recently upgraded your next bill might look a bit different and may include a part line rental charge. To find out more about how this appears on your bill, watch this video: http://discover.ee.co.uk/billexplained/S0T5X4 Data charges may apply.”

If anyone can shed some light on this for me that’d be great. Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Changed my bill date - what to expect?

Hello @GarethWilliams

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community today. :smileyhappy:

I've changed my bill date before and it can be confusing. :smileyfrustrated:

At the moment you've had your bill dated 27th December 2018 and your payment was taken on the 4th January 2019 for the billing period running from the 27th December 2018 to the 26th January 2019.

You will then receive another bill on the 27th January 2019 for the billing period running from the 27th January 2019 to the 26th February 2019. You will then receive another bill on the 1st February 2019 with a line rental refund running from the 27th January 2019 to the 31st January 2019 and a full months line rental for the billing period running from 1st February to the 28th February 2019.

In regards to payment, you will only have one payment taken from your account as your billing period will change on the 1st February 2019 which is before your normal payment date of the 4th February 2019 and your payment for the bill dated the 1st of February will be taken on the 9th February 2019.

I hope this makes sense. :smileyhappy:

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @GarethWilliams

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community today. :smileyhappy:

I've changed my bill date before and it can be confusing. :smileyfrustrated:

At the moment you've had your bill dated 27th December 2018 and your payment was taken on the 4th January 2019 for the billing period running from the 27th December 2018 to the 26th January 2019.

You will then receive another bill on the 27th January 2019 for the billing period running from the 27th January 2019 to the 26th February 2019. You will then receive another bill on the 1st February 2019 with a line rental refund running from the 27th January 2019 to the 31st January 2019 and a full months line rental for the billing period running from 1st February to the 28th February 2019.

In regards to payment, you will only have one payment taken from your account as your billing period will change on the 1st February 2019 which is before your normal payment date of the 4th February 2019 and your payment for the bill dated the 1st of February will be taken on the 9th February 2019.

I hope this makes sense. :smileyhappy:

by GarethWilliams Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much! It made perfect sense

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.