iPhone X
    Order now
x
by Nan123
Visitor

Change of ownership / Upgrade

hi guys, sorry for this its a bit of a long one. 

Currently i I am the account holder for my sons mobile contract, however all of the payments come out of his bank account, we did this as we got the contract originally when he was 16 but he is now 21. Anyway his phone has broken and it turns out he is actually due an upgrade so we are going to do this. However upon reading online it turns out I would need to be in with photo ID however with working commitments and the commute this would not be possible. I work in the outskirts of a town so getting to an EE store during or after work would be extremely difficult also if I did get it delivered there. 

I was was wondering if I could either leave some photo ID such as a passport or driving license with him? surely as its the same delivery address as the last 2 times and my son wil also have his own ID with same surname/address on this should be sufficient? 

The other option we were considering was ringing up and transferring ownership to him but we would want the upgrade to go through on the same day, would this be at all possible?

thanks for any help you can give on the matter. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Change of ownership / Upgrade

Hi @Nan123 Yes you can transfer ownership to him as long as he passes the credit check 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
3 REPLIES
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hi @Nan123 Yes you can transfer ownership to him as long as he passes the credit check 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Nan123

I wouldn't recommend transferring your account to him before you upgrade.

When you complete a change of ownership, there is a three month wait before an upgrade can be placed.

I believe as long as your son has some I.D, he would be able to accept the phone. I recently placed an upgrade and I wasn't in to accept the phone, however, EE happily allowed DPD to give it to my neighbour to accept and texted me to inform me of which neigbour had accepted my phone.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Cheers @Inyourbox I didn't know about the 3 month restriction 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.