Highlighted
by Andrea2016 Investigator
Investigator

Bill is more expensive and WiFi usage

When I set up my new sim only plan a few months ago I went to the end screen and it confirmed that I was going to be paying £16 a month for my plan. 

Since then, my bill has been more expensive , around the £20pm.

Also since changing, my internet usage has gone up considerably. I pay for 20gb and apparently I am using this within 2.5/3 weeks. 

Something isn’t right here. I’ve changed nothing in regards to how I use my phone. The only thing I have changed is my plan. Can this be fixed ?  

I’m using an iPhone X and Ive also checked what is using my data and apparently it is safari . So I checked this and one website (google) can take up to 30mb on one page load of their homepage... hmmmm 🤔 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Bill is more expensive and WiFi usage

Hi @Andrea2016

Welcome to the community.

I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team who can confirm what discounts are on your account and make sure that you're paying the correct amount.

Let us know what happens.

Chris

5 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Andrea2016  Open the myEE app and click “plan and add ons”. What does it say the price of your tariff is.   

Investigator

It says 20gb £20 but I was getting 20% off for student discount. (Which means with vat the max I should be paying is £16)

My bill is now charging £16.67 for the plan but I apparently get vat added on which is taking it up to over £20

on further inspection of my older bills is looks like my student discount is no longer coming off.. it used to say 

“20% discount for (date to date) “ now I don’t get that on my bills. 

i definitely set it up as a student discount and have the screenshot that my bills were going to be £16, so can you please add this discount back on Smiley Happy

B651BFFF-8E1E-4ABF-A1B5-6D36632632B2.jpeg

by
Solution

Hi @Andrea2016

Welcome to the community.

I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team who can confirm what discounts are on your account and make sure that you're paying the correct amount.

Let us know what happens.

Chris

Investigator

Spoke to customer services and she sorted this out for me with great service. Thank you 😃 

by

Great news @Andrea2016

Thanks for the update.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.