by Kempthorne Investigator
Investigator

Bill extremely high after switch to sim only

Hi,

Yesterday I switched two phones on my plan over to sim only at the end of my contract going from around 170 per month to 40. My last bill was paid in full 02/12 and I was told to expect bill a new bill in next couple of days which the operator told me to expect to still around the 170 and the lower bill would kick in next month. 

My account was suspended halfway through the day and upon checking online when I returned home my account has been suspended due to an unpaid 280 bill. I cannot even contact EE to discuss as it says I have to clear the bill to I suspend my account.

what is going on? All I have done is switched an existing contract to a sim only deal How can I contact EE to discuss? I cannot find the live chat option anywhere 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Bill extremely high after switch to sim only

I’ve managed to sort it now. I realised the reactivation of the line only required a part payment of 70 so I’ve paid that and spoke to a customer service agent. Both of the ‘new’ sim only deals had a £50 deposit attached to them that the agent who dealt with my upgrade failed to mention. This has been waived and my bill is now the standard amount with the reduction to £40 taking place next month.

it seems odd to me that as an existing customer I’d get hit with a £50 deposit (more than twice the monthly payment?) for each contract that a new customer seemingly doesn’t have to pay, but the person I spoke with couldn’t explain why it was added, it wasn’t their fault so I left it at that. At least it’s resolved.

thanks to those who replied.

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Good Morning @Kempthorne

Welcome to the EE Community,

If you ring 0800 956 6000 opt 2 opt 4 from 8AM someone will be able to help you. 

Investigator

I am not able to call as both mine and my wife’s phone are on EE and the lines have been suspended. I don’t have a landline to call from.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Kempthorne if you log into MyEE live chat should pop up now it's gone 8AM.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Kempthorne, if either you or your wife have something like Skype or Viber, you can ring EE using one of these apps, there has obviously been a mistake somewhere here, as you say you have paid up to date and EE should be able to rectify this. Hope you get it sorted, let us know how you get on.

Investigator
Solution

I’ve managed to sort it now. I realised the reactivation of the line only required a part payment of 70 so I’ve paid that and spoke to a customer service agent. Both of the ‘new’ sim only deals had a £50 deposit attached to them that the agent who dealt with my upgrade failed to mention. This has been waived and my bill is now the standard amount with the reduction to £40 taking place next month.

it seems odd to me that as an existing customer I’d get hit with a £50 deposit (more than twice the monthly payment?) for each contract that a new customer seemingly doesn’t have to pay, but the person I spoke with couldn’t explain why it was added, it wasn’t their fault so I left it at that. At least it’s resolved.

thanks to those who replied.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Kempthorne, you are welcome and  thank you for getting back to us and letting us know. I am glad it has all been resolved and sorted and that you and your wife are both back online.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.