Highlighted
by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

Arrears/collections process

Hi this is for info on behalf of my partner who is in financial difficulties and refusing to talk about it with Ee. he has missed a couple of payments and im concerned his contract will be terminated. Does anyone have any idea how long this takes and what sort of arrangements  collections will put in place to bring up to date?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Arrears/collections process

@Janey83 : He is doing himself in the eye by not discussing this with EE. He will probably be disconnected after 2 missed payments, have his credit record marred & thence be hounded by debt collectors.

Let him read What should I do if I can't pay my bill?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Janey83 : He is doing himself in the eye by not discussing this with EE. He will probably be disconnected after 2 missed payments, have his credit record marred & thence be hounded by debt collectors.

Let him read What should I do if I can't pay my bill?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

My god I know. Ive tried to tell him but he gets in a state at the thought of speaking to him. i think hes already missed two. do you think they will set an arrangement at this stage to stop that?

by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your reply 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

They won't/can't set up any arrangement w/out discussing it with him. They will stop his DD.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

Im hoping I can convince him to call..even if i speak to them after security. Do you think they would set something up? hes not had a dd set up for a long time tbh, always paid manually

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, let him deal with the security Qs only & then hand over to you.

by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks..its worth a try! tool that he is! lets hope its not too late. Have you any experience with ee collections at all? i worked for t mob collections years ago but its all changed now

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks. No, only what I read in the EE articles.

by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

thanks anyway

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Janey83 if things go to a debt collector then fees can and do rocket. So, it's far better that he comes to an arrangement to pay back to EE what he owes and keeps to the arrangement. I'm sure you've seen Can't Pay Won't Pay... 

by Janey83 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! Yep this is exactly what ive thought. Does anyone know timescales for this? ie when phine contract would be terminated?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Janey83

Welcome to the community.

I think it's important to tell your partner that our Collections team handle queries like this all of the time, they're really friendly and will do their best to help him get back on track with payments using a number of different options available.

Please get in touch with them soon. The sooner, the better. 🙂

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions