Highlighted
by Larkshall Investigator
Investigator

10020250100 what is this number

What is the above no, appeared twice as a chargeable no, not in contacts lists both calls early am and amount . Or is the carrier swindling me. I can't even Trace this number through any tool I have. Pissed off with EE
20 REPLIES
by DianaJohn
Visitor

Re: 10020250100 what is this number

I've just found a picture message to this number on my bill and contacted EE. They credited me with 40p and said they would investigate the number.

by cashey

I got charged for this nimber also last night during the night while I was asleep, does anyone know what it is and how I can get the number blocked.

by Pests_uk
Visitor

I have been charged 33p against this number at 05.43am on 31/01/15. I have contacted EE who cannot identify it and will only refund me when they have investigated it. They did not seem at all concerned that something dodgy appears to be going on.
by Danieljsharp
Visitor

I've had the exact same problem. Anyone had any response from EE yet?
by Scream85
Visitor

I've had the exact same thing come up in my bill from yesterday! 06:30am and a 33p charge. I was asleep at this time! What's going on EE and what are you doing to fix it?
by oliviataylorx3

I have had the exact same thing too, two calls at 6.04am and not on my recent calls list. Been charged 67p (which isn't much but im a student so I need to look after the pennies!) I'm trying to get it resolved on twitter because I'm not sitting here for ages on hold and it won't let me chat online!!

by Mi042742 Investigator
Investigator

Just had this same issue, phoned EE and spoke to a chap who actually seemed keen to get stuck in and help.
As he was looking at my account etc his manager became aware and pulled him off the call briefly. There is a know fault where the system thinks you've sent a picture text message to a landline. Not sure why but it is being looked in to, he credited me back and said to keep and eye on the account. They are working on it though
On a separate note, well done to the guy at EE, was excellent customer service
by Mi042742 Investigator
Investigator

just to add to my last post

I've spoken to EE again and I think this is something people are experiencing who use IPhones, I might be wrong. spoke to one lady in billing who wasnt the most helpful and apparently the managers currently there know nothing about the issue, for a company that is about communication their own isnt great.

she eventually put me through to technical support and spoke to a helpful lady who said she's had the same issue. Go to Settings - Messages - Send & Receive. ensure that the phone number is the only thing ticked and not the email address

go in to your messages and delete the texts so it doesnt try and default back.

She seemed to know what she was talking about as she's experienced the same but will keep an eye on it

by 1958steveflying

I recently bought a tablet from EE and within days found a 33p extra charge, I phoned them and was told it is a third party charge which they had no info for at this time. looking into it I sent a message via the tablets meassaging service and the message I sent was to an email address ! ! 

The service cannot be removed as they send messages to you on it.

by j_me_2k

Hi all

Just so you know - this is when you send an MMS to an email address......

by Mi042742 Investigator
Investigator

It's not a service that's been added that needs removal. If you see the instructions I've left to change the configuration on your device it stops the charges. It's where your phone uses the email address in your settings to send a text, seemingly between Apple devices
by MikeBarton84 Investigator
Investigator

Solved it.

It is an MMS charge when you send a text message to an email address. So if somebodies iMessage is playing up and sends from the email rather than the number and you reply it sends it as a multimedia message rather than a text.

That number must be the EE portal for sending such messages. Why EE don't recognise this number though is quite scary!

So it is a legitimate charge. My solution has been to turn MMS off in the message settings. That way I know my phone can't send them for sure!

Mike
by Barb2

I have also had charges added to my bill for these numbers starting 100 - I have recently discovered that they are used as Facebook acct. numbers.  I had previously asked for my contacts on my iphone to be linked to Facebook after recently changing provider - when I went to send a text to my daughter I hadn't realised that there was a seperate entry in my contacts list for her which ONLY contained her facebook details - no mobile number.  The phone then attempted to send an MMS instead of a standard SMS message.  This attracted the extra charges.

It seems that when I synced my iphone 6 to copy over contacts it also accessed facebook and copied over facebook contact info as a "seperate contact". 

I suggest you check your contacts list for duplicate entries, in my case there was an entry for my daughter with just her first name and a second with her full name (this was the facebook one). If, like me, you find any contacts listed with only facebook details and no mobile number - delete them.

I also went into my settings, messages and switched off the contacts link to facebook.

Hope this helps,

Barb2

by Larkshall Investigator
Investigator

Yes this was part of the problem, my cure was delete Facebook, don't use it anyway. But it had grabbed contacts, file.

Sent from my iPhone
by donhughes328 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for posting a fix. I just discovered this number. I never, ever want to use MMS anyway so I have disabled it on my phone. If I find any kind of downside to this I'll post again.

Thanks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for posting in community @donhughes328

Hope you got everything you need from us Smiley Happy

Have a great weekend.

Richard

Smiley Happy

by pinnnico Investigator
Investigator

I too have had two charges at the same time on the usage since last bill.  EE will not do anything until i am billed and paid the bill i then have to ring back up.

by pinnnico Investigator
Investigator

How did you discover where the number came from?

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @pinnnico

Thanks for posting on the community. 

If you give us a call our customer service team will be able to get the charge looked into and let you know the details of the charge.

Thanks, Leanne. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.