by Leah5 Contributor
Contributor

can't log into the app.

My boyfriend can't log into the EE app. 

I can and it shows both our numbers as I can gift data to him.

Does he need to log in as me  as his details aren't being recognised. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: can't log into the app.

@Leah5  Yes he does as it’s your account not his. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Leah5

I can see @Chris_B has provided you some great information. 

Only yourself who has account holder access can gift data between numbers on your account.

I hope this helps,

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie_B: Please enlighten me.

If I have 2 contracts under 1, my, MyEE for which I pay the bill & I allow my other half to use 1 of the phones, do they:

1. Have their own MyEE, not as bill payer, with their own email addy & pwd ,for their no. only or
  2. Have to use my MyEE & share my email addy & pwd to see the state of their plan, which is insecure, or
  3. As 2, but there is something within MyEE, that only allows them to see, as user only, their no. only?

Or do I misunderstand how MyEE works for bill payer vs. user only?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It is scenario 1.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks, @Colourzen. So, in my example, in my MyEE I would see everything about both nos so I can see the total bill? With:

• My no. marked as bill payer & user?
  • The other no. marked as bill payer but not user?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

That's correct @XRaySpeX. As long as the MyEE account is setup as the bill payer, you will be able to see all numbers/usage/billing on the account, regardless of who the end user is. This is the only account that can control data gifting.

Each number can also have a MyEE setup, where they can view allowances, but not the overall bill.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks, @Colourzen. Now I understand it. It's so obvious when you think about it but when you've never seen it hard to imagine.

by Leah5 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that!

by Leah5 Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  So how does my boyfriend log into the MyEE app if I'm the bill payer?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

He needs to create his own MyEE a/c with his own email addy.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.