by twodogslynn Investigator
Investigator

can I turn off volte

If I understand it correctly Volte is WIFI calling. I live where there is communal wifi whcih is not always very good. Since the VOLTE symbol appeared on my phone my phone signal has been awful and every call breaks up.It is impossible to have a conversation.Is it because of this and if so can I turn it off please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: can I turn off volte

@twodogslynn wrote:

It is a Samsung Galaxy s7 and I received a text from EE saying 'Good news .Wifi calling is now set upon your phone.You can now use it to make calls and text over Wifi'

The volte symbol appeared at the top of my phone. I didn't know what that was and had to look it up and since then( which may be coincidental) my signal has been terrible.

Hi,  

You are posting about three different issues:

1. VOWIFI 
  2. VoLTE 
  3. Signal strength 

1. VOWIFI 

As @Chris_B  said this service if activated will connect to your home or any WiFi network you are connected to.  The service is mostly for people who cannot receive a good signal so if you can then deactivate it. (dialer/phone icon - settings then scroll down to the bottom of the page) 

2. VoLTE 

This is EE new service and is a bit hit and miss at the moment.  All it means is you can now use the 4G network for voice calls rather than your phone network dropping to 3G when a call is received.  You should also see improvements in call quality and coverage (in theory) this service shouldn't impact your signal and in fact should boost it. 

3. Signal Strength 

As above this should improve with VoLTE but signal strength is impacted by many external sources.  Have you checked your local mast here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@twodogslynn   VOLTE is not wifi calling.   VOLTE is basically calls over 4G. And wifi calling is calls over your wifi/internet connection.  

It would also be nice to say what device you are using.  

Investigator

It is a Samsung Galaxy s7 and I received a text from EE saying 'Good news .Wifi calling is now set upon your phone.You can now use it to make calls and text over Wifi'

The volte symbol appeared at the top of my phone. I didn't know what that was and had to look it up and since then( which may be coincidental) my signal has been terrible.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@twodogslynn  If you have wifi calling switched on on the device your calls will be going over wifi even if you have a good cellular signal.  Wifi calling takes priority over a standard cellular signal call.   Is wifi calling enabled on the device?  

@Northerner or @Damienw1 are the best one to speak with about this as they have this device also.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@twodogslynn wrote:

Hi,  

You are posting about three different issues:

1. VOWIFI 
  2. VoLTE 
  3. Signal strength 

1. VOWIFI 

As @Chris_B  said this service if activated will connect to your home or any WiFi network you are connected to.  The service is mostly for people who cannot receive a good signal so if you can then deactivate it. (dialer/phone icon - settings then scroll down to the bottom of the page) 

2. VoLTE 

This is EE new service and is a bit hit and miss at the moment.  All it means is you can now use the 4G network for voice calls rather than your phone network dropping to 3G when a call is received.  You should also see improvements in call quality and coverage (in theory) this service shouldn't impact your signal and in fact should boost it. 

3. Signal Strength 

As above this should improve with VoLTE but signal strength is impacted by many external sources.  Have you checked your local mast here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Thank you everybody. Will try turning off everything and see what happens.

Thank you for explaining.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.