by Jacqui3
Visitor

Why isn't my mobile number recognised when I try to register?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why isn't my mobile number recognised when I try to register?

@el_raberto: Call EE to delete your old T-M a/c & then you'll be able to add your no. to the new 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jacqui3  You need to setup a online account first before you try and login with the My EE app. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you previously transferred it from Orange or T-Mobile?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jacqui3

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Are you trying to log in through the website or through the app?

Chris

by el_raberto Investigator
Investigator

Same for me - I moved from a 3G T-Mobile plan to a 4G EE one yesterday and I can log into My EE (from the website) but when asked to add a device, my old T-Mobile number that i'm keeping is not recognised? The agent who took my order said he would set up my new My EE account, which appears to be the case as I can log in. Also, spoke to online chat and said it was now fixed and my account would be "refreshed within 24 hours" then good to go. Eh, 22 hours later (yep, haven't given it 24 hours but 22 hours is still within the trimeframe mentioned) and it still does not recognise my mobile number when I try to add device?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @el_raberto,

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you are still unable to register your number after 24 hours have passed, please get in touch so we can take another look at your account.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@el_raberto: Call EE to delete your old T-M a/c & then you'll be able to add your no. to the new 1.

by el_raberto Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX: Thanks for that. The answer to the problem was indeed to have the old T-Mobile account deleted. After trying to get this done via online chat and them failing, a nice chap from the contact centre on 150 sorted it out for me. Should have called 150 all along but when you spend all day on the phone youself, having to get on it again for any kind of business can (for some of us) be a pest. Smiley Wink

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.