by edgierfuture1

Why does your website keep logging me out when I click the upgrade button?

Ok, so I'm due an upgrade - the website tells me I am, the app tells me I am, even had a reply from 150 UP confirming. Problem is, every time I try to upgrade online, it logs me out and tells me there's a problem, it's your fault and you're working hard to fix it. This has been happening all day. Already spoke to live chat who told me it was a partially set up account that was the issue (which is total @#$×%) and that they fixed it and it would now work. It doesn't. Seems to me, after a bit of googling, that there's a lot of people out there who have this issue. Is this an underhanded and unethical attempt by EE to force me to ring them so that they can try to sell me more of their products? Or, are they just really REALLY bad at building websites?

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Why does your website keep logging me out when I click the upgrade button?

Hi,

@edgierfuture1

Try with this link www.ee.co.uk/eeup

And check it this work for you. 

Many Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@edgierfuture1. Yes there is people with account  issues there always will be and this will happen over a period of time so can I ask what dates are you looking at what you say there are lot of people with these issues.   And if you call customer services you don’t have to take anything that they try and sell/tell you about you can say “no thanks”.     Just to add my account works fine just like all the other customer who don’t have account issues and there is more customers without issues then there is with issues  so perhaps the benefit of the doubt 

by
EE Employee

Hi @edgierfuture1

Have you had a chance to try again?

Sometimes if you clear cookies and cache in your web browser settings this can help.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Karen,

I also have had issues recently and seen other posts to make me think theres an issue with EE account system. I phoned CS who have said that i can ring to upgrade, but im not happy (neither as i imagine is the original poster) that somethings changed because even if you text UP it syas eligible, EE CS say your eligible, but the online upgrade either logs you out, says your accounts closed, or says there is an error thats being worked on.

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @AHarMan

As far as we're aware there isn't any issues with upgrading online through My EE.

Are you able to try deleting cookies and cache in your web browser settings to see if you get the same issue?

Another quick question - does it happen on all browsers?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by eeuseless
Visitor

I too am experiencing the exact same issue as the OP and apparently others. The staff here are either fobbing us off or don't actually know what they are talking about.

After clearing my cache/cookies i tried every browser i have installed and not one of them worked. This has been an issue for as long as ive been an ee customer, coming up 4 years now.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.