by Skiff85 Contributor
Contributor

Unable to upgrade online for over a week now

I have 2 sim only contracts, one a data sim on a 30 day contract and a phone sim that has just finished it's year. I have been struggling to upgrade online now for a week, when I click to add the sim tariff I want, I get the message "Sorry our online store is not available right now". I don't want to call to upgrade because I am sick and tired of the sales pitches I always get, I know what I want and I don't need to  be harassed throughout the whole process. How is it that the website has had a problem all week? I am struggling to believe that nobody can buy anything off the ee website, the sales loss would be too big for them to do nothing for a week, so why do I get this message every time I try to add an upgrade to my basket?

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unable to upgrade online for over a week now

Hi there @Skiff85

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you able to access your My EE account online?

Have you tried clearing cookies and cache then opening a new web browser?

Speak soon.

Leanne.

by Skiff85 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne,

I can log into my EE account online and do pretty much anything, the problems start when I follow the upgrade instructions.

I haven't tried clearing cookies and cache, but I have tried this on a work computer, a home computer, a laptop, a tablet and a phone, same result every time, I think it's highly unlikely that all of those devices need cookies and cache cleared.

by

Hi @Skiff85

Thanks for coming back to me.

In this case we would need to get this looked into for you.

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Speak soon.

Leanne 🙂

by Skiff85 Contributor
Contributor

So I somehow managed to upgrade my Data sim finally, but even after speaking to the ee customer service I still can't upgrade my phone sim, I select the tariff I want and it then takes me to the error screen telling me the online shop is not available right now.

by

Hi @Skiff85.

Were our Upgrades Team not able to help with the upgrade of your phone SIM?

Jon

by Skiff85 Contributor
Contributor

They said it was something to do with the upgrade period being messed up so they reset that and told me to try again in 24 hours and if that didn't work, to come back here.

by

Thanks @Skiff85.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.