by VelociLex Investigator
Investigator

The app's "Renew you pack" message is not taking account my boosts. Ignore it?

I made an 12 minute call yesterday. My current pack gives me 10 minutes of calls, but I have extended this to 30 min with free boosts. The EE app on my phone is showing a message saying "Renew your pack now", and informs me I am out of allowances, so it evidently can't see the extra minutes from the free boosts. Everything is fine when I log onto "My Account" on line, and it shows that I still have 18 minutes remaining, so I'm inclined to think this a glitch with the app and that I can ignore it. Am I right?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: The app's "Renew you pack" message is not taking account my boosts

Hello @VelociLex yes that is correct for some reason the app is being a lot slower at refreshing to show your updated balances or temporarily unable to see your free boosts. The easiest way to check all of your allowances is by texting the code AL to 150. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @VelociLex yes that is correct for some reason the app is being a lot slower at refreshing to show your updated balances or temporarily unable to see your free boosts. The easiest way to check all of your allowances is by texting the code AL to 150. 🙂

by aldaweb Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @VelociLex I get similar though via text every week as soon as the base 100MB in my pack is used up I am told my allowance is used up even though there are 400MB of boosts available . I don't think the EE IT systems are very sophisticated and automatically inform you when the base allowance is used up without checking for any accrued boosts.

Investigator

Hi aldaweb,

Thanks for the information. Several days later, the app is still showing the "Renew your pack now" message, so I don't think it is a matter of the app being slow to update - I think there is a more fundamental problem of it simply not recognizing any of my boosts, and that the message will not go away until Friday, when my pack automatically renews and there will be a new base allowance for the app to "see". I think you are right about the EE systems not being very sophisticated. This sort of thing ought to be fairly easy to rectify, I would have thought.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @VelociLex.

Thanks for coming here.

Does the correct information show on the My EE account online?

If you text AL to 150 does the correct details show for you?

Thanks.

Investigator

Morning leanne_T,

Thanks for getting in touch.

All the correct information is shown on the My EE account online, so no problem there.

Texting AL to 150, on the other hand, gets me only a list of the codes that can be texted to 150 for free, no list of allowances. I've always had problems sending texts to EE (they get through to everyone else, though), ever since I switched over from T Mobile. I suspect there is something still in the setup for my mobile number which links back to the number originally assigned to the EE SIM. I've made various attempts to get this sorted by EE, but these have so far all failed. Everything else on the phone works fine, though. I suspect this app issue is somehow related to this underlying difficulty. Grateful for any assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the reply @VelociLex.

I would certainly suggest giving us a call.

The customer service team will be able to look into this further,

I am sorry we have no account access on the community to look into this for you.

The texts should reply with information.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions