by lukebaddeley

Spam texts

I've somehow received a series of texts all along the same lines as below:

FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to gifstickers.world for £4.50 every week from gifstickers.world until you text STOP to 83463. HELP? 03300538718

Does anyone know:

a) if I will have to pay this, and how I can get a refund if so as I definitely didn't commit to paying £4.50 for "stickers".

b) how I can stop these texts? Can I trust the numbers provided or will this just cost me more?  

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Spam texts

Hi @lukebaddeley

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Here are the details of the company that own that service:-

Provider - Tap2Bill

Phone - 01494 750 678

Email - Customer.Service@tap2bill.com

Texting STOP to that number will stop the subscription, but, the text would cost a standard text message.

The landline number that I provided should be included in your plan and the email will obviously be free.

You can find out more information about this service on our charges to mobile help and support page.

Please let me know what happens after you've contacted them, I'd love to know that you got this resolved.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

You should also ask EE to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Eli59

I see this post is dated Nov 2017, and these people are still sending spam texts - crazy that they cannot be challenged or stopped. I have tried calling the number and emailing, and got nowhere at all. They just don't pick up the phone, or respond to voicemails or emails. I'm going to try blocking them and see if that works. They must be making a fortune off the back of people's phone bills. Why can't EE confine anything from them to junk or block them and save us all having to do it indivudually?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Eli59: Try texting BAR to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Eli59

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you getting charged for the texts?

What number are the texts coming from?

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.