by tempuserhere
Explorer

Someone is using my email address for their own account

Someone is using my email address for their own account here at EE. Not only am I concerned about them providing false information for EE, but also how they may be abusing my identity.

Can someone from customer service please assist me with getting them to remove my email address?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by tempuserhere
Explorer
Solution

Re: Someone is using my email address for their own account

No, it's not a typo. This happens repeatedly with other services in the UK and my address being used.

"He said; she said." Doesn't matter. I own the address and any electronic communication EE sends is not getting to the intended recipient.

Besides, as a professional courtesy, I'm informing EE that one of their customer's is using faulty information. This should be taken seriously for two reasons:

1) if the email is wrong, that puts into question, "what if the customer's credit or banking information is incorrect (fraudulent)?" Such information would put EE at risk, correct?

2) if I send the email to my spam folder, then over time, that also puts EE in a bad light, which can (eventually) damage EE's reputation and hinder their ability to send communications to other true customers once EE becomes labeled as a spammer.

Just trying to be helpful here. 🙂 This should be a simple fix for EE.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure it's not an old a/c of yours, maybe with Orange or T-M?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by tempuserhere
Explorer

Yes, I am positive. I don't live in the UK and never have.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does it matter? Anybody can get hold of your email addy. Just filter out any replies from EE.

Probably a typo by an EE cust. Who's CS to believe? He said;she said!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by tempuserhere
Explorer
Solution

No, it's not a typo. This happens repeatedly with other services in the UK and my address being used.

"He said; she said." Doesn't matter. I own the address and any electronic communication EE sends is not getting to the intended recipient.

Besides, as a professional courtesy, I'm informing EE that one of their customer's is using faulty information. This should be taken seriously for two reasons:

1) if the email is wrong, that puts into question, "what if the customer's credit or banking information is incorrect (fraudulent)?" Such information would put EE at risk, correct?

2) if I send the email to my spam folder, then over time, that also puts EE in a bad light, which can (eventually) damage EE's reputation and hinder their ability to send communications to other true customers once EE becomes labeled as a spammer.

Just trying to be helpful here. 🙂 This should be a simple fix for EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You moving emails to your Spam folder doesn't affect EE's reputation. It's purely for your own convenience.

Have you informed EE? Posting on this user discussion forum isn't informing EE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tempuserhere,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What type of communications are you receiving?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions