by tbacon Investigator
Investigator

Redirect loop - cannot log in to website, Live Chat not working. Getting annoyed

Hi 

I'm started to get very frustrated and need some help to try and solve the problem I'm having. 

Back story - I lost my phone, called EE off a friends phone to block it and was told at the time I'm due an upgrade anyway so today I went into the EE shop in Stratford to sort it out, hoping I would walk out with a new phone. They told me they could unblock the phone but in order to get a new phone it would take the system over an hour (at leats) to update. This was annoyingas I'd already chatted to them for 15 mins before they told me this. Anyway, no worries, they said I could just go home and order online. I cannot go back to the store tmrw and I work during the week. I cannot call because I have no phone (obviously). I get home and try to log in online and it continuosly gives me an error message.

"The myaccount.ee.co.uk page isn’t working

myaccount.ee.co.uk redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

I have cleared my cache. Still doesn't work.

I have tried on both Chrome and Safari on 2 different computers. Says same thing everytime. Clearly this is starting to get really annoying, all I want is to sort out my upgrade, but to do this I have to log in.

Then to make things worse it says Live Chat is open but it continually jumps out, sending me to various other places when I try to access it. I don't know what to do please can someone help me?

To be honest I'm pretty tempted just to go to another networks shop near my house and get another phone contract with another company, I just want a new phone, which I'm happy to pay for, I'm looking to tie myself into another 24 month contract but its being made impossible to do so by a faulty website and stupidly slow and outdated system in the physical EE shop.

Cheers

Tom

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Redirect loop - cannot log in to website, Live Chat not working. Getting ann

@tbacon  If your in your upgrade period what needs updating that's going to take an hour ?  Your in your upgrade period so it's all upto date.   Your old ( lost ) device doesn't need unblocking for you to upgrade and it shouldn't be unblocked because it's lost.   Your number can easily be migrated to a new SIM card so no issues there.  

As for not being able to login to your account clear the history on the Mac.  And the website is not faulty as I can easily login to my account via my phone and Mac using Safari. 

by tbacon Investigator
Investigator

Re: Redirect loop - cannot log in to website, Live Chat not working. Getting ann

Thanks Chris.

Re upgrade instore - yeah, this is exactly what I said to them , but they said they could not access my account to get me any of the deals which would normally be offered to me. I could walk out with a new phone, but it would not be the best deal. I asked if this was 100% certain as it seemed weird and the guy asked his colleague who confirmed it.

As for the website, I have tried 2 computers, 2 browsers on each, and have cleared the cache in both browsers on both computers, so I'm not sure what more I can do?

by tbacon Investigator
Investigator

I've seen other people in the forum with similar issues re the website, they needed to talk to customer services who solved it for them, but with Live Chat not working, the people in the shop not helping me and no phone to call off I'm stuck in a hole. Just hoping someone from customer services reads this and helps me out.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tbacon  Having a blocked device on your account should not stop you from upgrading if your in your upgrade period the device is blocked because it's lost and will remained lost after you've upgraded.   It doesn't and shouldn't be unblocked.      What you got told makes no sense what's so ever.   

Just to check you are clearing the history on the Mac ?  Not just the cache and it is labelled as such.   I know google chrome can have issue sometimes.  

Sorry there is at present no one from the community team here who can help with a live cat request.  But if you wait till tomorrow someone will be here and this will get their attention 

@Lee_H. Will be here from around 11am 

by tbacon Investigator
Investigator

Yeah I think so. In Chrome I've cleared all the browsing data - browsing history, download history, cache, cookies etc etc and in Safari I clicked "clear history and website data". That should do the trick right?

by tbacon Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your help

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @tbacon.

Do you still need assistance with your account or has the advice that @Chris_B has provided worked?

Many thanks,

Lee

by tbacon Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee

Unfortunately nothing has worked, I still can't log into the website, and therefore can't get a replacement phone / upgrade. Tried again on 2 browsers, on 2 computers, even after clearing all browsing data etc.

by
EE Employee

Hi @tbacon

As the suggestions have not worked, please pop to the live chat link.

This can be found on our Get in touch page, under the EE drop down menu.

The link will be active from now till 9pm (UK TIME).

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.