by animoose1
Explorer

Pay by top-up not working

I'm trying to use "Pay by topup". I have #30 credit on the account and select a#30 package. I don't want a recurring payment, and when I click "Pay by topup" on https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/packs and then Confirm, I get the error:

PREPAID PACKS ERROR

We're working on fixing this page. In the meantime, find help at ee.co.uk/help

I've tried this repeatedly over the last 5 hours. Note that I live in the USA and this is in preparation for a trip to the UK in a couple of days, using a SIM that has worked on my last couple of trips. This also makes contacting EE support harder. Any ideas? Should I just wait until I get to the UK and try again?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Pay by top-up not working

Hi @animoose1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

When did you last use the SIM card?

Pay as you go SIM cards enter hibernation if there is no chargeable activity for 179 days.

Thanks

James

by animoose1
Explorer

This seems like a possible explanation as it is nearly a year since I used the SIM. It's frustrating for several reasons. The EE web site does not say anywhere that the number is hibernated. It freely allows me to buy credit which I cannot then use. And O2 don't do the same thing: their SIM, which I last used at the same time as the EE one, still works.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @animoose1

I recommend getting in touch with our Mobile Care team. They'll be able to look into re-activating the SIM for you, if possible.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.