by CathyVH1969 Investigator
Investigator

My ee app won't be supported on my Windows phone after 13 March. Why?

Why is support for the My EE app being discontinued for Windows phones after 13 March 2017?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: My ee app won't be supported on my Windows phone after 13 March. Why?

Hello there @CathyVH1969.

Thanks for coming to the community.

As part of the introduction of a new and improved My EE app, we will be phasing out support on select operating systems where we’ve seen a decline in user demand for the app.

You will still be able to view your account via the refreshed My EE online service.

The community is always here for any queries you have 🙂

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@CathyVH1969  EE no longer sell them devices and Microsoft no longer makes them devices. 

by
Solution

Hello there @CathyVH1969.

Thanks for coming to the community.

As part of the introduction of a new and improved My EE app, we will be phasing out support on select operating systems where we’ve seen a decline in user demand for the app.

You will still be able to view your account via the refreshed My EE online service.

The community is always here for any queries you have 🙂

Investigator

Thanks for your reply. I am able to log in to My EE online, but I found the My EE app so much better to use, with all the options displayed on one page in a visually appealing manner quick and easy to use. Are there no plans to repace the current My EE app with another app suitable for Windows phones?
Investigator

Thanks for your reply. I am able to log in to My EE online, but I found the My EE app so much better to use, with all the options displayed on one page in a visually appealing manner quick and easy to use. Are there no plans to repace the current My EE app with another app suitable for Windows phones?
by

Hello @CathyVH1969.

No problem and I will pass your feedback on.

Not at the moment if anything changes we will let you know.

Thanks 🙂

Investigator

Will the My EE app be supported on other types of mobile phone, eg newer models?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @CathyVH1969 yes the new version of the MYEE app is still available for other devices and has not been discontinued completely. 🙂

Investigator

Thanks Tom. As is the way with mobile phone networks, they gradually stop supporting apps etc on older models, which means consumers have to buy newer models to enjoy the same quality of service. Frustrating.
Investigator

Thanks Tom. As is the way with mobile phone networks, they gradually stop supporting apps etc on older models, which means consumers have to buy newer models to enjoy the same quality of service. Frustrating.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @CathyVH1969 I am sorry the withdrawal of support for the MYEE app for Windows devices has been a source of frustration for you. 

You are are still able to check your allowances at anytime by texting the code AL to 150. You can also check and manage some other basic functions of your account using this text service, here is a link containing all the different codes you can use and their effect:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/sign-up-and-manage-your-account/my-ee-account-h...

The MYEE online account section is mobile friendly and still accessible on a Windows device. Here is the link to log in to MYEE online where you can access all of your account functions just like the app. :):

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/login-dispatch/?fa=identifyBrand&provider-type=EE

Investigator

As useful as this information is, it isn't as good as the My EE app. Thanks anyway for your help.
Investigator

As useful as this information is, it isn't as good as the My EE app. Thanks anyway for your help.
by paulamarrs Investigator
Investigator

I can not and never have been able to get on the ee app. I have a Nokia windows phone and I have never found it in play store to use it! Think its pretty daft when I need it to see my bill etc and cannot view it!

Investigator

That is so weird! I have a Nokia lumia 6.35 windows phone and have had it a couple of years. What type is yours?
Investigator

That is so weird! I have a Nokia lumia 6.35 windows phone and have had it a couple of years. What type is yours?
Investigator

635 wont support app

Sent from my Windows Phone
Investigator

635 wont support app

Sent from my Windows Phone

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions