by kissykatljb

My broadband and phone are set up under different accounts - how to get on same?

My phone and my broadband are set up on different email addresses as when moving my broadband over to EE, I couldn't remember which email address my account was set up with. However, I cannot find any way of moving one to the other account so that they show with the same log in? I have tried the "add device to this account" but am told that this is already set up and to log into that account. I tried changing the email address on one to be the same as the other, and was told "use different email". I get 5GB data on my phone as a result of having the broadband, and the name, home address, payment details etc. are all identical, so I do not know why it won't let me change the account details of the broadband to be the same as my phone, thus showing all of our EE contracts in one place! Can someone please advise how I need to go about doing this?

Thank you in advance 🙂 

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My broadband and phone are set up under different accounts - how to get on s

Hello there @kissykatljb

Welcome to the community,

Can you try the below steps to add your broadband account to your mobile account;

Log in to My EE online (using your mobile login details) and add your Home Broadband account as below;

1. Select Manage EE Home on the right-hand side
  2. Select 'add home broadband'
  3. Fill in the details for your home broadband account

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My broadband and phone are set up under different accounts - how to get on s

You can't merge them yourself. You will need to call EE to do it for you or at least remove your existing BB MyEE , so that you can then add it to your mobile MyEE afresh.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kissykat Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne

Thank you for the response. When I try to add my broadband to my phone account, it says that my details are incorrect (but I have checked and double checked and it is only asking for my last 4 digits of my number, my name and email address and my birthday, all of which are correct!) - can you advise whether it is asking for my details of the account my broadband is currently set up under instead of my account I am logged in to as this is the only thing I can think is the issue? 

Best regards

Laura

by kissykat Investigator
Investigator

I managed to get it to go through to the next step as it was the account that my broadband was on that I had to enter the email address for,  even though I was in my other account, but then  it said "this is on another account, log into that account" so I am guessing I would have to call up to do it, which means I will forever have 2 separate accounts!

by kissykat Investigator
Investigator

Thanks seems you are very correct in this, it is a shame the EE community support team don't know this!

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for trying this for me @kissykat

To get this looked into for you, I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.