by SamJacobs16 Contributor
Contributor

My EE app is saying "something went wrong" and has been for ages. How do I fix?

I downloaded the My EE App for both iPad and iPhone. On both devices it says "Something's gone wrong. It's our fault. We're trying to fix it" I tried everything to fix it, but no result. Anyone know a way about fixing this? Is there an EE live chat service?

17 REPLIES 17
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: My EE app is saying "something went wrong" and has been for ages.

Hello @SamJacobs16 sorry to hear you are having trouble logging in to the app, you can contact customer service on 150 from an EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can check/reset your MYEE account for you.

If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
by The_Caretaker
Explorer

i've had this problem for well over 5 weeks now.  

@EE  if theres a fix for this you should publish it instead of diverting people to the tech chat.

I've already spoken to them several times, nobody has any clue about the problem. I've had the app deleted/reinstalled. I've had my account deleted and signed up again.  Its a complete joke, your app is busted... you should either revert to the earlier app or you should get a bloody move on and fix the current version.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @The_Caretaker sorry to hear you are having repeated trouble with the app. I can confirm the app and all its services are currently working for me so this may be an issue related specifically to your account.

Due to this being a public user forum access to systems & accounts is not allowed to check why your online account will not work through here which is why this would have to go through customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also browse the pages on http://ee.co.uk and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
by haydn07887 Investigator
Investigator

Same issue for me for a couple of weeks now.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good evening @haydn07887.

Thanks for coming back to the community.

What device are you using?

Have you tried clearing cookies and cache?

Last question, do you get an error message?

Thanks 🙂

by haydn07887 Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I am using a Samsung Neo 5 and I have cleared the cache and rebooted, which made no difference.

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled and it is working.

Thanks.

by

Great news @haydn07887

Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy

James

by kurtph1969 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Doesn't work on rooted Android devices.  😦

by

Hi @kurtph1969

Thank you for posting again community 🙂

Have you downloaded the latest version of the My EE app?

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing this?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by UnlikeLiam Investigator
Investigator

My partner has had the same issue since before Christmas, spoke to phone support, live chat support yet nothing... was finished up with.... they are escalating it to senior support and they will be in touch.... nothing, no contact.

Annoying thing is.... im now having the same issue!!!! i spend £140+ on my account a month and need to check in an out of the app to add addons and check data!!! no can do any more.

Already re-installed the app, cleared cached data... blah blah blah

But... being an IT Manager and work closely in diagnostic support, it would seem that the app needs to validate over data not wifi.

1. Uninstall the app.

2. Reinstall the app.

3. Turn off your wifi

4. Opening the app

This has resolved the issue for myself my partner and 3 of my friends/colleagues.

Hope this helps 

by
EE Employee

Picture1.png

Hi @UnlikeLiam and welcome to the Community

This is a great suggestion! Thanks for sharing your Tip here in the EE Community.

Because I loved the support you gave today, I’m going to Private Message you with an e-voucher code for EE Accessories Store to spend as you wish.

Keep up the great work – it’s the people here who make this community a great place to be!

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thank you Lee,

Most unexpected, just doing my good deed for the day and rewarded most kindly

however i shall pay it forward by getting a pair of Skullcandy headphones for my nephew.

Yours sincerely

your friendly neighborhood IT Guy

by
EE Employee

No problems @UnlikeLiam

It would be good to have you around as other users always like IT help 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

@Richard_C wrote:

Hi @kurtph1969

Thank you for posting again community 🙂

Have you downloaded the latest version of the My EE app?

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing this?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. EE customer services say it doesn't work on rooted devices, which is why I shall be leaving EE in July when my contract is up 😉

Established Contributor

@UnlikeLiam wrote:

1. Uninstall the app.

2. Reinstall the app.

3. Turn off your wifi

4. Opening the app

This has resolved the issue for myself my partner and 3 of my friends/colleagues.

Hope this helps 

Sorry, didn't work for me. Still get the stupid "something went wrong.... blah" message. As I have said, it doesn't (and probably never will) work on a rooted Android device. Sad thing, is EE don't even know why. It doesn't appear to be something that they have done deliberately, lol 🙂

by

Good morning @kurtph1969

Sorry to read the problem still exists.

Have you spoken to our Technical team about this?

If not, I would advise to give them a call if you have time.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

kurtph1969

Unfortunately, the apps for Vodafone, O2, Virgin and Three will not work on a rooted device either. This limitation has nothing to do with your provider but your rooted phone.

You will find that a number of apps will fail to function as intended solely because post rooting you void the SafeNet API policy on the device, most apps will check this policy before running.

SafeNet API is Googles answer to Custom Rom installs or Malware Infected devices, its a simple process that checks if the app is CTS Compatible. These checks are for the safety of your data and personal security.

Just a heads up, Google have been "branding" Google accounts that are repeat rooters and penalise them by denying access to the Google Play Store.

The possibilities on rooted devices are getting a lot less interesting lately, might be worth going legit!

Plus, if you root your device... you void the warranty for both provider and manufacturer.

That being said, good luck and happy rooting.

UnlikeLiam

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.