by Titch2000 Investigator
Investigator

My EE App thinks my devices is rooted but it isnt

Hi, For some reason the My EE App thinks my phone is rooted but it isnt as i just reinstalled the os using the Emergency Ini setting on smart switch for Desktop. Therefore i know that the OS is official but the EE App says i am rooted? Any help Appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: My EE App thinks my devices is rooted but it isnt

Thought that would be the case 🙂

Thing is people don't tend to install SuperSU unless they have or going to root the phone. Not an app you need otherwise.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

If you have tripped the knox security (installing a rom previously or other non Samsung signed firmware) then this will happen. Why did you need to perform an emergency software repair?

You could try installing the firmware again, then factory resetting. 

Nothing can be done here if knox is tripped, but you should maybe check our XDA developers for help. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Im pretty sure KNOX is not tripped and no Unoffical software has ever been installed it has always been on the offical rom form factory until yesterday when it did an OTA update and wouldnt turn back on properly for a reasonable amount of time so i used Smart Switch to do a backup and then preformed the emergency initialisation and then did a restore of my data again using smart switch.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Do you have the app SuperSU installed on your device?

Investigator

Yes SuperSU was installed (due to smart switch transfer from my ace3 2 years ago) and it was never removed since. Removing the app now has solved the issue. Note to the developers you might want to modifiy the app so that it checks the device for if it is actually rooted instead of if SuperSU is installed. Just becuase SuperSu is installed does not mean it is rooted.

Thanks for your help 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Thought that would be the case 🙂

Thing is people don't tend to install SuperSU unless they have or going to root the phone. Not an app you need otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.