by alan_uk Contributor
Contributor

My EE Android App Top up fails but account it creditted!

Using the My EE App version 4.6.0 on a Samsung Android Phone. Had this problem for some months. I click top up and use a predefined credit card. Enter my card's 3 digit security number and then get failed message with option to add another card or retry.

The first time this happened I did retry but again got the failled messaged. I then logged in on a PC to see my account had been creditted twice! Today after the first fail I closed the app and then opened again only to see the credit was now showing.

Am I the only one getting this error?

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with Lollipop
5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My EE Android App Top up fails but account it creditted!

Welcome back, @alan_uk.

Could you please try deleting the app and re-downloading it?

So is your balance showing correctly now? Did both top ups go through or just one?

Chris

by alan_uk Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chris for your help. I've reluctantly uninstalled the app and download a fresh install from google play  4.7.0  from 5 October 2017. I say reluctantly as these things always go wrong. Sure enough...

Opened My EE and entered email address, password and then PIN. Then after many seconds get "Sorry. Something's gone wrong. It's our fault. We're trying to fix it. Please try again." Tried again - same problem. Closed app, re-opened and entered PIN. Same problem.

The My EE app has caused me grief and wasted time ever since I've got a smart phone. 😞

Tried yet again. This time get in and get a bit further. It shows screen with number of days to renewal but it fails again (same message) when trying I think to retrieve my usage stats. Try again. get to Your Balance £x.xx but then fails again.

What is wrong with the EE systems! Even the basics don't work!!

by

Hi @alan_uk,

Are you connecting via WiFi or mobile data?

It's sometimes better to connect via mobile when first logging in to the app.

Thanks

James

by alan_uk Contributor
Contributor

I was connected via mobile. If wi-fi is enabled then the app asks you to switch it off.

I have just tried again to top-up and it worked! No errors and an immediate response with the new balance. Wonders will never cease!!

But on passed performance it is very hit or miss if the app will top up. Sometimes I have to use a PC but obviously that can't be done if out and about. As I ported my number from another phone on Orange I do not have a top-up card.

I went for EE due to its 4G coverage but other companies are catching up so there is becoming more choice.

Thanks for you help.

by

Thanks for the update @alan_uk

I'm happy to hear you have topped up successfully.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.