Highlighted
by ricyik Investigator
Investigator

Live Chat Does Not Work

Hi All

As captioned. I am outside UK for now and Live Chat is the only way I would prefer to contact EE staff for help.

The Live Chat button in the follow page does not work. There is no pupup / dialog etc after I clicked on it: https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new

Please help. Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by ricyik Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Live Chat Does Not Work

It turns out calling the international support hotline works for me.

Summary of What is Working Vs What is Not

Working

Not Working

1. Live Chat. Does not work outside UK it seems. I will confirm this when I arrive at UK later.
  2. VPN. It seems if we log in with VPN, there is a risk of our account being suspended. This is my case when I tried using a VPN for the same.

Hope this help other people. Thanks everyone for the input.

17 REPLIES 17
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I believe EE geo block live chat from abroad, EE say they don't.

Try using a VPN if you have one, using a UK address and see if that works?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ricyik :If you are on contract, try instead on the Get in Touch page to open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat, when it's available during EE UK opening hours, looking like:

Capture.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @ricyik.

Let us know if you manage to get in touch following either @chistery or @XRaySpeX's advice.

Is there anything we can help you with on the community? 🙂

Jon

by Bootsy1
Explorer

Hi Jon,

I’m in a similar situation where I need to use live chat. I’m abroad and using a local SIM card which has data but no minutes. My EE SIM card was in my wallet which has unfortunately been stolen so I need to cancel the SIM card and sort a new one out when I get home.

The EE live chat doesn’t pop up for me when I’m logged into my account and I’m not able to call the help number. Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Nick.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bootsy1  If you have wifi, you can Skype EE for free on +44 800 079 8586. Is that an option?

by

Hi @Bootsy1.

Welcome to the community.

Is there anyone else with you who has a UK mobile number?

Does the live chat option pop up on our get in touch page?

Jon

by Bootsy1
Explorer

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for the assistance, Skype was a great shout. Managed to dial through on +44 7953 966 250 and get my SIM cancelled and a new one posted.

Skype will only give 5 minutes on the number above free before it cuts you off. 

@chistery +44 800 079 8586 wouldn’t work for me, I couldn’t get past the initial automated menu where you type in your phone number as for some reason the system didn't recognise it as correct. 

@Jon_K @The live chat option didn’t pop up for me while I was on the website at all. Logged into my account but I am on WiFi in a different country so maybe that had something to do with it.

Thanks again for your help gents. 

by

Thanks for letting us know you managed to get it sorted @Bootsy1 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hmmm, You're right, I can't get skype to work either, it's not recognising the tones from skype

@Jon_K  I've asked before and been told they don't, but EE are geo-blocking live chat. If I set my VPN to the USA, the live chat option vanishes. Why?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE recognised my number on about the 4th attempt on the 0800 number,  but on both iOS and Android it didn't work most of the time. 

by

It should work fine if you're logging in through your account @chistery.

Jon

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Jon_K  So if I log in on my phone, where does the live chat option show, or does it only work on the desktop version?

Though just to clarify, Get in touch doesn't allow live chat when abroad, and Skype doesn't work either.

by

Just the desktop version @chistery.

Thanks for bringing this up, my previous replies suggest otherwise in this thread.

Jon

by ricyik Investigator
Investigator

Just tried the VPN. The Live Chat option is still not visible. Then when I login again EE suspended my account.

My real problem is, I can only top up, but I cannot buy either Pack / Add on. It always say purchase failed. But now my account has even been suspended so I cannot proceed further anymore.

Any one from EE Customer Support can help me? I don't want to lose my mobile number and I need to visit UK soon. The live will not be easy without a number and internet.

Thanks

by

Good Morning @ricyik

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by ricyik Investigator
Investigator
Solution

It turns out calling the international support hotline works for me.

Summary of What is Working Vs What is Not

Working

Not Working

1. Live Chat. Does not work outside UK it seems. I will confirm this when I arrive at UK later.
  2. VPN. It seems if we log in with VPN, there is a risk of our account being suspended. This is my case when I tried using a VPN for the same.

Hope this help other people. Thanks everyone for the input.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where are you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.