Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Left Giffgaff...but i guess not EE

Hello,

I've looked through 'My EE' and gone to the complaints...how would you like to contact us...chat....nothing happens etc etc.

I got a Giff Gaff sim last year in September. By the end of the year i wasn't too happy so i left GiffGaff and went elsewhere. Then being a little careless not to check before, i just noticed EE are happily taking the money from my account, auto renewal with giff gaff, every month.

I've cancelled the payments now.

If i open up the giffgaff app it even says i have no active sim right now and no further information is available.

So it looks like EE have some internal issues communicating and i've now paid roughly 6 months, £150 for nothing.

Luckily i still have the dates and messages regarding the issuing of PAC code, i took my number with me.

So can anyone please help with which link to go to, that works, to actualy get through to anybody, who might roughly possibly be involved with taking my money ?

I'm 99% of the time abroad and really don't want to waste money calling them.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Left Giffgaff...but i guess not EE

Hi @Wavey74,

As I understand it, Giffgaff have been auto charging you, in which case you would need to take it up with Giffgaff.

by Investigator
Investigator

Hello Peter,

It sounds logical...but not so.

Bank statements read 'EE Limited'.

When i started with giffgaff i got an email from EE.

Now if i log into the giffgaff app, all it says is....

'oooops you do not currently have an active sim' etc etc

The auto renewal was on the giffgaff app and that was cancelled on that app...and confirmed on that app.

But as i mentioed, EE Limited still appeared on my bank statement taking the £25 a month.

So EE sent me email saying i'd registered with them when i first got the giffgaff sim, then i checked and sure enough giffgaff is an EE 'brand'.

I've even got the PAC code when i took my number with me.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Giffgaff is owned by Telefónica UK, which trades as mobile network O2. Giffgaff has absolutely nothing to do with EE. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Well, I didn’t subscribe to anything else in September 2019 but I got the email from EE.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You got your PAC from GiffGaff but did you give it your new network? It's only when your no. is ported that your previous contract is cancelled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I suggest you make the effort to contact EE and ask why they are still charging you when you believe you left in Sep. Did you get a final bill showing nothing was owing?

If you don't contact them, having cancelled any more payments, it will be marked as a missed payment and go on your credit file. Try +44 800 079 8586 from Skype for free if you're abroad and it won't cost you anything.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wavey74,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

As other community members have pointed out, your Giffgaff subscription won't be linked to the EE charges you are seeing.

What was the content of the email you received from EE? Did it mention you had signed up to a particular service?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions