by RebeccaA Investigator
Investigator

I'm stuck in an upgrade loop!

Hello,

I've been told I can upgrade by the WebChat team and via text as I am within 90 days before my contract ends.

When I go to Shop > Phone Upgrades I am asked to check. So I log in, and it redirects me to My Account page. Then I go to Shop > Phone Upgrades and the same thing happens.

The Upgrades page is not recognising that I am logged in. I have cleared cookies and cache and tried multiple browsers on different devices.

I spoke to WebChat and they said to me that if I add a new contract to my basket and pay, the system is set up so that EE will recognise that I am upgrading (and subsequently will link it to my current contract and not charge me twice). I am not convinced. I phoned EE and the Upgrades team told me that this wouldn't be the case and I would be charged for two contracts. Then Upgrades told me to talk to WebChat again.

I'm getting a bit frustrated now as I feel like I'm being given the run-around. I'm looking at a 24-month new contract spending £60+ a month, but it seems that EE would rather I didn't!

Can somebody please assist.

Thanks

Rebecca

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: I'm stuck in an upgrade loop!

You should only upgrade online from the link within your online account.

When you are able to upgrade, after logging into your online account you should see a big yellow box at the top with an 'Start Upgrade' button which looks something like this:

EE UP.jpeg

There is also an upgrade link down the left hand side as well:

EE UP 2.jpeg

Both those links then take you to your specific upgrade part of the online shop (which is not accessible from anywhere else).

Ordering via the standard online shop links outside your online EE account will indeed just add another line to your existing account and won't upgrade your existing line.

If you don't see these in your online account, you will need to ring EE and upgrade over the phone as your online account may only allow you to upgrade within the standard 45 days.

2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

You should only upgrade online from the link within your online account.

When you are able to upgrade, after logging into your online account you should see a big yellow box at the top with an 'Start Upgrade' button which looks something like this:

EE UP.jpeg

There is also an upgrade link down the left hand side as well:

EE UP 2.jpeg

Both those links then take you to your specific upgrade part of the online shop (which is not accessible from anywhere else).

Ordering via the standard online shop links outside your online EE account will indeed just add another line to your existing account and won't upgrade your existing line.

If you don't see these in your online account, you will need to ring EE and upgrade over the phone as your online account may only allow you to upgrade within the standard 45 days.

by RebeccaA Investigator
Investigator

Thank you, that's really helpful. Yes mine does not look like this. I think it is because I am outside of the 45 days upgrade.

Such a shame as CarphoneWarehouse have been able to tell me everything about my EE contract including the cost of my cancellation fee. I am thinking of paying this off and just moving to Vodafone instead.

I will have to try to talk with WebChat again tomorrow about this and see if they can upgrade me on their end first.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.