by ktbug31690
Visitor

I'm moving to Wales from the US for grad school.

Is it possible to order my phone before I leave for school? I don't have a UK number yet, but to checkout, a UK number is necessary. I like to plan ahead and having the phone before I leave for school would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I'm moving to Wales from the US for grad school.

Hello @ktbug31690

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to order the phone before you arrive in the U.K. as EE do not ship abroad.

The U.K. also operates differently than that of U.S. networks, everyone who applies for a contract requires a credit check which you may not pass as usually you need to have an address for at least six months.

Do you have a phone you currently use in the U.S. which you could get unlocked and either apply for a SIM only contract (this usually has less criteria to apply) or a Pay As Yo Go SIM?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I would also add it depends where you are going in Wales. Wales is very less populated and very hilly which signal can be space on all networks available in the UK.

I would shop around with pay as you go some to find the best network signal for the area you are in.

EE is the best for Herefordshire which is just a cross the border in England.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ktbug31690

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Rather than ordering before you get here, I recommend having a browse of our online shop and popping into one of our retail stores once you arrive. They will do their best to guide you towards the right plan and deal for you. 

To add a little more to the brilliant help from @Inyourbox and @BrendonH, you can read more about credit checks on our Security deposits and credit checks from EE help and support page and check out our network coverage on our coverage checker.

Chris 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.