Highlighted
by suga1988 Investigator
Investigator

I can’t top up my payg on my EE. It keeps finding my old contract.

I switched from contract to payg in August as I live abroad so didn’t need a uk contract but wanted to keep the sim and number. I was told I need to top up every 3 months to keep the payg sim active but the my EE app keeps saying my number is all paid up, it’s liek it hasn’t been changed to a payg sim. I need to live chat or email EE to help but I can’t find any details to do this

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I can’t top up my payg on my EE. It keeps finding my old contract.

You need to phone EE to delete your old contract a/c. Then you can create a new 1 for your PAYG.

EE provide no email contact & Live Chat is not available for PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You need to phone EE to delete your old contract a/c. Then you can create a new 1 for your PAYG.

EE provide no email contact & Live Chat is not available for PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @suga1988.

Welcome to the community.

Where do you live now? Smiley Happy

As @XRaySpeX has mentioned, our customer service team will be best placed to assist you and correct your account.

Come back and let s know how you get on.

Jon

by suga1988 Investigator
Investigator

I live in Dubai so calling the UK is very expensive, I’ve managed to speak to someone at EE via Facebook and I am waiting for a phonecall to my UK number. So fingers crossed it’s sorted today

by

That's great @suga1988!

Keep us updated with your progress Smiley Happy

Jon

by suga1988 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Jon, I received a text from a lady from EE called Danielle advising me that you would be calling me from a mobile number and she provided that mobile number. A minute later a received a text which said that I had missed the call. I went back on Facebook and explained the issue and got a message from Danielle saying that it had gone straight to voicemail. Is there any reason why my phone wouldn’t even ring? I have data roaming turned on and full signal.

@Jon_K 

by

Hi @suga1988.

Have you asked if she can call you again?

As long as you've got a signal there's no reason why you wouldn't get a call.

Jon

by suga1988 Investigator
Investigator

@Jon_K

ive just had a 2nd missed call message but again the phone did not ring. Am I able to phone that number back. 07973100194. Will it take me to a person?  I have no credit hence my original post trying to top up. 

by

Hi @suga1988.

You won't be able to call that number back I'm afraid.

I'd advise responding to them again on Facebook to organise another call.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype.

by suga1988 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

i wish I could. Skype is banned in the UAE, it’s illegal. You can’t even access it, maybe on a VPN but without paying for a VPN I can’t even try. All the free ones I’ve tried as video calling is also banned here. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.