by H0nestB0b Investigator
Investigator

How to give a child limited (main user) account access in EE app/website

I have full (bill payer) account access to two numbers, one Pay Monthly, the other PAYG.

I want to give my son (under 18) limited access as a "main user" so he can see remaining minutes and next pack date for the PAYG phone, but not be able to change payment amounts/methods/dates etc.

I couldn't find a way through the 150 menu. After almost 35 minutes the only suggestion from Chat was to remove my account access and give my son new limited access. The problem is that I then can't use the app or website to make any changes, but have to use 150 or Chat!

Is EE really unable to give two different people different access to a phone account?

Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to give a child limited (main user) account access in EE app/website

How are you funding his top-ups? Have you set up a recurring top-up from a bank card in your name?

What extra packs? He can only use 1 pack at a time. When 1 pack expires the next will be bought from the earlier top-up. The regular top-up cannot be used for buying add-ons but only packs at regular intervals.

He doesn't need to have a MyEE a/c to see what's left each month. All he need do is text AL to 150 whenever he wants.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

There are no payment amounts/methods/dates etc for PAYG. You just top it up. Your son, or you, should create his own MyEE for the PAYG no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @H0nestB0b.

I think @XRaySpeX's advice is brilliant. You/he should be able to set up an account with the pay as you go number. 

Chris

Investigator

But giving him a full account allows him to buy as many extra packs as he wants, which rather defeats the point of making him budget his usage to the agreed limits!

All I want is a way for him to be able to see what's left each month, it seems this is an unusual request...

Strange thing is I'm 99% certain EE set this up for me when we first got the SIM card, but now this feature has disappeared.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

How are you funding his top-ups? Have you set up a recurring top-up from a bank card in your name?

What extra packs? He can only use 1 pack at a time. When 1 pack expires the next will be bought from the earlier top-up. The regular top-up cannot be used for buying add-ons but only packs at regular intervals.

He doesn't need to have a MyEE a/c to see what's left each month. All he need do is text AL to 150 whenever he wants.

Investigator

Thanks

1. Sorry, wrong terminology used. I meant add-on.

2. An add-on can indeed be purchased from existing credit. I've just done it accidentally - I was expecting to get an option to confirm (as suggested on the page) but no, it went straight through as a purchase...

3. Topping up credit is at least protected by needing the CVV code.

Thanks for the advice regarding texting 150. I'll get him to use that.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, but how are you topping it up? A recurring top-up can be timed to fit in with the recurring pack purchase & so won't be available for buying add-ons.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.