by Bill41 Investigator
Investigator

How to access ee account without knowing id and password

Hello all,

I bought & set up an account directly with EE  in a shop a year ago or so, but i haven't accessed it since. I want to be able to Top up online (previously top up cards etc fine). But due to the time passing i've forgotten which ID/password i set it up with. So i have tried numerous combinations of the one i had, been into a shop they tried to access it, same problem. It does acknowledge my phone number has an account but wont let me reset the account/Cancel the old one or set up a new one. Can anyone help me with this? (People in the shops are very helpfully saying you just have to keep trying... Been trying for 3 months...). I'm almost at the point of changing providers... If anyone can help it would be gratefully received.. Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to access ee account without knowing id and password

@Bill41. You have to dial 150 to speak with customer services and they need to reset your account so you can set it up again. 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't if you've forgotten the username & you have not kept the "Welcome to your online EE account" email.

If that's the case, you can only call EE to delete the old a/c & you can then create a new 1 afresh.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Bill41 Investigator
Investigator

I thought as much. To cancel it- I have called them several times on both numbers unfortunately they direct me to the website or hang up on me. So going around in circles.... Do you know of any secret number that would get me directly to a person?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Bill41. You have to dial 150 to speak with customer services and they need to reset your account so you can set it up again. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Bill41 is this a MY EE online account for a mobile number? Username is the email address used to register for those accounts. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @Bill41 and welcome to the community.

Have you managed to get this resolved by following the advice of other users?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Bill41 Investigator
Investigator

Hello all, problem now resolved via 150 - Took a while but Martin in Customer Service was really helpful.  Thanks to all.

by
EE Employee

Glad you are now sorted @Bill41

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.