cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I see my pay monthly bills and what I've paid etc.?

rockandice
Contributor
Contributor

I have just set up a pay monthly contract with EE for an unlimited data mobile phone sim. I was emailed my first monthly invoice, it was paid and the sim works fine. The account is set up to be paid by direct debit.

The problem is that the sim in question is installed in a external 4G antenna, mounted 5m up in the air, 250 miles away from where I live and just provides Internet to a remote mountain hut.

I want to log on to my account and see my invoices, what I've paid, maybe change the bank account that pays it etc.

I have an account number, the sim phone number and other information taken from my first invoice. I log in to EE using my user name and password but when I try to go to 'My EE' it asks me to enter the phone number of the 'device' I want to manage and then says it's sent a text to that number with a code that I must enter to verify myself.

Obviously it is impossible for me to receive any texts, let alone see what they say. as the sim is not in a phone.

I phoned billing support but after 40 minutes they were not able to help me get into my account.

I have a pay monthly account with EE. I have a sim phone number. I pay them money.

How can I log into my account, see what's going on and manage my account?

12 REPLIES 12
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Most mobile routers can do SMS. Login to it to see your msgs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It's not a mobile router it just an external antenna that contains a modem and router.

Either way it's 250 miles away and 5m up a pole!

It took me 7 1/2 hrs to drive back from the installation location on Sunday night. There is no way I'm going to do a 15 hrs drive just to see if I can read a sms message containing a pin that will probably have expired by the time I get home again.

As far as I can tell there is no way to log into it remotely . You have to physically plug an ethernet cable into it and go to a 192.168.xxx.xxx address to manage it

That's right! That's what you have to do, but it could also be over WiFi. Either that or put the SIM in a mobile phone just for the duration of the a/c verification.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Most or some LTE Routers, POE Antenna Router which sounds like what you have, allow you to Divert Recieved SMS Messages to another Number (any Network) this not an Network Option but a Router Option within the Admin Area or a APP Designed for the Device, so once done SMS can be viewed on another Device.

What's the Router make and Model ?

XRaySpeX 

Please read my OP. (1) I don't have access to the sim. (2) Wifi doesn't extend to 250 miles. I do have my account details. that should be enough to help me manage my account.

After all, if I pay for a contract with EE to pay monthly for a sim, there is nothing in my contract that says I actually have to use the sim anywhere. I should still be able to see my contract and all the invoices I have even if it is never used. 

@EssexBoyEE 

its a microtic LGH LTE kit

Hi @rockandice ,

Presumably you've installed that SIM for someone to get internet access via WiFi?

If so, that person could access the management page on your behalf to read messages and prove you are the owner of the SIM in the same way that we receive messages on our phone to prove ownership.

I think in hindsight we can all agree it is better to properly check all accounts are set up before putting SIM cards 250 miles away and 5 m up a pole.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

I wasn't talking about any-old WiFi but the WiFi that this mobile router itself is providing in its vicinity. Just an idea that you don't have to wire an Ethernet cable.