by bazjack Investigator
Investigator

Help please! I am getting someone else's account emails!

I am a non-customer living in the United States and I am getting emails for someone who is not me who apparently has a very similar email address and put mine in by mistake. I can find no other way to notify the company about this - all the "contact us" options are British phone numbers, which I can't call without paying for them, or forms which require information I do not have, such as this other person's postal code.

Could someone from Customer Service please email [MOD EDIT xxxxxxx@gmail.com] and provide an address to which I can send details? I would like to help the company and this person who apparently registered with my email but I have no other way to contact the company. Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Help please! I am getting someone else's account emails!

Thanks for trying, @bazjack.

I've sent you a private message regarding this, please have a look at your inbox.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Nobody will email you personal data as that would be breaching data protection regulations. 

You will have to block the emails until the correct owner realises that the email they entered was wrongly entered. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by bazjack Investigator
Investigator

I have the person's full name, account name, account numbers, full home address, mobile number, and landline number. I consider all that personal information.

I am aware that, to solve my problem, I could block or ignore the emails. I am trying to be a nice person and notify the company and/or the subscriber that there is an error without incurring costs to myself.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are right & public-spirited to try & tell EE about this incorrect email addy on 1 of its users' a/c's. Unfortunately this user discussion forum can no access to that user's a/c. It can only be reported to the CS of EE.

Can you not reply to 1 of these misdirected emails telling them of this error or is it a "no reply" sender? Presumably these coming from EE about that user's a/c is how how all this came about.

Alternatively I believe you can call the Freephone no. in my sig. (using a +44 prefix) over Skype for free.

Whether CS will do anything is in the lap of the gods as they are flummoxed by anything out of the ordinary.

You already have this person's personal info., so the data protection regulations would have already been breached by EE sending them to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bazjack Investigator
Investigator

They're all no-reply emails. I was hoping this forum had actual customer support people in it, as many companies do. I have never Skyped before or used any computer-based phoning and don't want to try it now. 

I assume the user is going to figure out at some point that he is not getting any communication from this company he subscribed to - perhaps when the first bill comes? - and will contact the company at that time. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There's only some EE staff who will not have any access to users a/c's but perhaps could help.

@Richard_C: Can anything be done for this US non-EE user who is receiving a EE user's email correspondence from EE in error?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @bazjack

Welcome to the community and thank you for reaching out to resolve this.

Are you able to use our live chat service on the get in touch help page?

Chris

by bazjack Investigator
Investigator

No, I get no live chat options. There is another page I found that appears to reference live chat but it's like a plugin won't load.

by
Solution

Thanks for trying, @bazjack.

I've sent you a private message regarding this, please have a look at your inbox.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.