Highlighted
by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Flex plan info not showing into account - account results just closed - help!

Hello,

Last month I requested to switch from my monthly plan to the flex one.

What I've been told was that my account would have been automatically transferred to the flex plan on the 9th February which is usually when my balace get renewed.

On the 9th (and today still) the only thing I can see on my app and account online is that my account have been close there is a bill of 14.98£ to be paid (I've had asked to opt in the 15£ flex plan) and apparently I have no balance available.

However as I'm abroad now I can still use my data and text however I cannot make any phone call.

Can someone have a look at this please?

Thanks!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Flex plan info not showing into account - account results just closed - help

Hi @FrancyP

I've sent you a private message about this.

Please have a look and get back to me. 🙂

Chris

19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Flex plan info not showing into account - account results just closed - help

@FrancyP  You’ll probably find it’s because your not connected to the EE network that your plan hasn’t changed over to the flex tariff.  

Have you tried restarting the device to see if this might help. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where are you abroad? Your Flex plan is not usable outside EU.

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @FrancyP

Welcome to the community.

The confirmation that your account has been closed means that your account will have changed from pay monthly to a Flex plan.

What happens when you text BALANCE to 150?

Chris

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

no I haven't. I'll give it a go thanks!

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm in Italy so should work 🙂

Yes roaming has always been active, I checked for the settings but I don't seems to have the "Manage Device" option 😕

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried before but is says my balance as of today is £0.00 so not sure why 😞

by

Hi @FrancyP,

What happens when you try to make a call?

Do you hear a recorded message?

Thanks

James

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B,

Thanks for your message.

The number is dialled correctly and rings once but then the call ends automatically no matter which number I'm calling (UK or non UK number).

Could be related to the fact that it shows my balance to 0 so I won't be technically able to "pay" for the call? 

by

Hi @FrancyP,

When you requested your balance via text, did it mention your allowances?

Thanks

James

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B,

yes it says it's £0.00

but guess the flex plan should be active tho. Was meant to be activated on the 9th 🤔

Thanks!

by

Hi @FrancyP,

If your Flex Plan was active I would expect the balance text to mention your remaining call allowance.

Are you able to get in touch with customer care so we can take a quick look at your account?

Thanks

James

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B,

thanks again for your feedback.

I've tried calling the 150 or the number from abroad but it just gives me the option to top up or use a voucher so other options from the recorder message.

Guess will have to wait till i'm back in the UK or there is another way I can call the customer care?

Thanks again

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling Customer Services on the nos in my sig or +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi there @FrancyP

You can also contact us on +44 (0) 7953 966 250 from abroad, so we can get your account looked into.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks. Leanne 🙂

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T

thanks for the reply. 

I've tried that number as well but the recorded message just gives me only the 2 options to top up or use a voucher. 

In the meantime my data completely stopped working and it starts becoming quite frustrating. 

Would you be able to help somehow? 

Thanks 

by

Hi there @FrancyP

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Leanne_T,

I got a call from the customer care and got all sorted however I got charged twice for the flex plan I asked to activate (15£ one).

Can I get a refund for it?

Plus the app still doesnt reflect the changes.

Thanks 

by
Solution

Hi @FrancyP

I've sent you a private message about this.

Please have a look and get back to me. 🙂

Chris

by FrancyP Investigator
Investigator

I managed to contact the live chat got a new account open and refund of the double charge.

Well technically still pending for 1 refund but presume will be used as credit for this month.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Have a good day!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.