cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Extra charges appearing then disappearing on My EE?

Libertad74
Visitor

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing something really strange and worrying on the My EE app. 

This morning, when logging into My EE, I noticed I had an extra charge of £3-something. I closed the app, re-opened it, and the charge had disappeared. All day it's been sat at 'no extra charges', but I've just had another look and I have an extra charge of £1.00. Again, I've refreshed the app and it's disappeared.

Could anyone assist please? I'm worried I'm going to have a big charge on my next bill for a reason I don't know about.

Thanks in advance. 

15 REPLIES 15
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Libertad74,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a quick look at your account.

They'll be able to confirm if these charges were being displayed in error.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

James

I got £1934.00 flash up on mine the other day .... nearly had a heart attack. Then it dissapered.  It took ages to get through on the phone and EE rep said not heard of this before ..... probably had by the sounds of this .

Christopher_G

Wow, sorry about that, @MarkII . That must have been quite a shock.

Has it done it again since?

Chris

Yes it happened again this morning. .. £3.24 this time .... so not quite as worrying.  I considered cancelling direct debit in case the large amount was taken from my account.  It's all very well having to call but when you are self employed it's half an hour you ain't going to get back ....

Christopher_G

Thanks, @MarkII

The Direct Debit isn't linked to the My EE account so as long as the balance is correct on our internal systems, these incorrect amounts won't be taken out.

Is it both in the My EE account and My EE app that these balances are showing? Or just one or the other?

Chris

I have logged on to my EE account on-line and didn't see any charges flash up like they have been doing on my EE app. The bogus charges seem to pop up in a window upon start up of the app then disappear when I click on it or move to another window. 

Hi

This is happening on my app too.

Small charges only £1.97 2 1 week ago then just now £2.34.

No charges or changes on the bill online at all just within the app on first opening.

Disappears almost immediately - stays on screen for approx 2 seconds.

Katie_B

Hello @LadyMacbeth

Thanks for joining the EE Community. 

If you text AL to 150 does this report back any pending charges for your next bill?

Katie.

Hi

No charges shown via the 150 route. Really disconcerting when it happens though.

As this is my first contract with EE a bit worrying, too.