by Ajexports
Explorer

EE Website is very slow!

Good Morning All.

I Am not sure if this is just me but I am having to see this EE website very slow and almost uselsess,

when it loads the page it takes ages to take you to next page,!

how is this possible for EE to have left for this long without doing anything about it?

I usually use the website to print a bill or find out number i called or texted and everytime I click next page or refresh the page it takes ages to take me where i want.

Hve a nice day all.

Bahjat

21 REPLIES 21
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: EE Website is very slow!

Hi @Ajexports Welcome to the community. It's not just you. It just took me 29 seconds to log into MyEE from a clean browser.

In comparison, BT Mobile took 13 seconds. Vodafone took 17 seconds, and that's with 2FA, so had to wait for a text to type in the code.

by Ajexports
Explorer

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @Ajexports

I've done a couple of tests from my side and it all seems to be working OK.

Is it better for you now?

Chris 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Christopher_G Can I ask how log it takes you to log in? Are you accessing it from an internal EE network or external like us?

I tried at 7am and it took 20 seconds. I tried at 9am and it had gone to 25 seconds. Is it just getting overloaded as more people use it during the day?

by

I'm not sure exactly how many seconds it was yesterday, @chistery.

I've tested again and it took about 5-6 seconds on 4G and 3-4 seconds on the internal server.

Chris

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G wow! I've never seen those times to login using a browser!

At 11am it took 32 seconds. So it does seem to take longer during the working day.

That said the app does seem slighty nippier in the new update.

by Techcareict
Explorer

Navigating the EE site has always been horrenously slow for us for many years, i think its become worse over the last couple of years.

We are an IT services provider and need to regually access the site to set controls of various accounts we provide and when we have a need to access the site its always a dred! 

by maximus-apen
Visitor

The issue with your website begins when one tries to log in. It's ridiculously slow

by DougBrooks
Explorer

this is still painfully slow to access.
My internet speed is not an issue as you can see

The issue is your end , please look at it

by

Hi @DougBrooks,

Welcome back to the community.

Is there a particular part of the website that is causing you issues?

Have you tried a different web browser?

Thanks

James

by Mickyblue1
Explorer

Completely agree, just tried to look at an early upgrade and got thrown out of site for slow uploading. Dont think i would chance their home broadband.....

by

Good Morning @Mickyblue1

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and cookies?

Has this only just became slow for you?

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

by mrmike Investigator
Investigator

Do EE even have a real website? If so I’ve never seen it! Over the past year I have attempted to browse/purchase products/services and on every single occasion the website has either been down, undergoing maintenance, or just simply unresponsive.

I might apply for a job at EE and promise them that I can break sales records. After hiring me, I would simply hire some web developers who actually know what they’re doing

One can only imagine the copious amounts of cash EE are losing every day from customers who cannot purchase through the site.

by mrmike Investigator
Investigator

64905493-E18A-4308-B011-71D6E59B24CC.jpeg

by

Hi @mrmike

Welcome to the community.

Do you have this problem on more than one device or browser? Or is it just on your phone?

Chris

by Patty72 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Please don’t keep passing the buck and blaming us! It is obvious that the EE website is very buggy and has been even since its Orange days! 

All other websites are fine and it’s an ongoing issue at your end. 

The amount of customers attesting to this shows that it’s a problem with your website developers. 

It’s bordering on insulting for your customers when you feign ignorance that there’s nothing wrong at your end. 

by

Hi @Patty72

It was just a troubleshooting question, that's all. To help understand whereabouts the problem is. Whether it's just on mobile platforms, particular devices, desktop or a problem with individual accounts. For example, I've been able to browse products whilst logged in on my Internet Explorer browser.

If @mrmike were able to use the part of the website on a different device, it'll help us narrow down where the problem lies.

Chris

by Mickyblue1
Explorer

Hi Christopher, just my phone. If youre going to suggest its because ive got stuff open or whatever, why is it the EE site is the only consistently slow site i go onto.

Regards, M

by

Hi @Mickyblue1,

Did you try clearing cookies and cache in your web browser?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.