by kirbcartwright Investigator
Investigator

EE PAYG account closed

Hi EE.  I currently live in Hong Kong, but have a PAYG sim card with EE to keep my UK number while I am abroad. I last topped up by phone in December 2017. Today I tried to login to My EE through my app to check when I next need to top up / use my sim, but it says my account has been closed. Please advise how to re open my account so I can manage my top ups etc online and keep my UK number.

Thanks, Kirsty 

5 REPLIES 5
Investigator

Re: EE PAYG account closed

Thanks for your reply.

I last used the sim in early January 2018 to send texts/make calls, and I
topped up in December by phone. I think I last logged into my account
online in August maybe?

Yes it's EE not Orange.

Thanks,
Kirsty
by Grand Master
Grand Master

A) When did you last use the SIM outgoing? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. However a top-up 3 months ago should have kept it alive.

B) It is an EE a/c & not an Orange a/c?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, it's not A) or B).

C) How long have you been away from UK? There is a rule with contract SIMs that you shouldn't be away from UK for more than 60 days at a time. I don't think this applies to PAYG but I've been unable to get confirmation 1 way or another.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I've been in HK for nearly 2 years but I was advised by EE customer service
to get a PAYG sim while I am abroad for a few years to keep my UK number.
They said as long as I top up and send a text every 6 months then I can
keep my number.
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @kirbcartwright.

Please see our guide on pay as you go hibernation as this may help.

You may need to give our customer services team a quick call to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.