by bwatkins Investigator
Investigator

Better price for upgrading customers

When I look at the EE website shop it says 'Log in or register. You'll get a better price'. When I log in I am not offered a better price.

Is there a problem with the pricing on the website or is this false advertising?

NewCustomer.PNG

ExistingCustomer.PNG

15 REPLIES 15
by Legend
Legend

Re: Better price for upgrading customers

Hi @bwatkins 

You need to log in to purchase, and under your account profile you will have offers based upon your current plan, which might be better than those offered to new customers.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@bwatkins I agree that it does look the same logged off and logged on. I did notice the following, though, which might mean that we'd get a better deal when logged on if we were to go as far as making a choice and moving on to actually pay / submit:

Keep your number
Loyalty offers

We look after our customers with exclusive loyalty rewards and offers.

£20 off your next phone
Free delivery
by bwatkins Investigator
Investigator

I was logged in and under my account profile there are offers based on my current plan but they are the same as the offers when I'm not logged in. You can see all of this in the screenshots I posted.

The website says that I WILL get a better price. You can't say that then not give a better price. It's illegal apart from anything else.

EDIT: I also tried going all the way through to payment on several different choices but still the same price.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @bwatkins.

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you already an EE customer?

Jon

by bwatkins Investigator
Investigator

Yes (as you can clearly see from the information I provided in my first post).

I have a mobile phone contract, tablet contract and mifi contract with EE. It's the phone contract I am trying to change. My plan expired two months ago but EE didn't tell me so for the past two months I have been paying £30/month for a service that's actually worth £14/month.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @bwatkins.

I'm sorry you couldn't find the price you were looking for online.

I'd recommend contacting our upgrades team so they can have a look at your account and run through some options with you.

Jon

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You know EE (or any network) don't need to tell you when your contract has expired?

by bwatkins Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @bwatkins.

I'm sorry you couldn't find the price you were looking for online.

I'd recommend contacting our upgrades team so they can have a look at your account and run through some options with you.

Jon

So I can't get a better price when I log in to my account?

Is the bright yellow banner on the front page of the website incorrect then?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you looked at plans that come with a phone.

I'm pretty sure that what it means. It's when you buy a contract with a phone.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by bwatkins Investigator
Investigator

Have you looked at plans that come with a phone.

I'm pretty sure that what it means. It's when you buy a contract with a phone.

Nope. Still the same offers before and after I log in.

PhoneExistingCustomer.PNG

PhoneNewCustomer.PNG

P.S. What is it with posting images on this forum? It just keeps showing yellow triangles. I takes about 20 reposts before it finally works. Tried three different browsers. Hopeless.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The pictures have to be approved before being posted. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hate to say this but it not a  guarantee you’ll get a cheaper tariff.  More importantly why should anyone get a cheaper tariff then anyone else. If it’s the same phone with the same upfront cost and the same amount of allowance why should one customer get a cheaper deal then the next customer.   Your no more important than the customer before or after you.  

by bwatkins Investigator
Investigator

Hate to say this but it not a  guarantee you’ll get a cheaper tariff.  More importantly why should anyone get a cheaper tariff then anyone else. If it’s the same phone with the same upfront cost and the same amount of allowance why should one customer get a cheaper deal then the next customer.   Your no more important than the customer before or after you.

Where did you get the idea I think I am more important than the customer before or after me? I'm not the one saying I should have a cheaper tariff. EE are telling me and everyone who goes to the website that if an existing customer logs in to their account they WILL get a better price. But the better price doesn't exist. So all I asked is whether this is a problem with the website or it is false advertising.

Judging by the fact they have changed the website this afternoon I'm inclined to think the latter is true. They were lying through their teeth. Maybe hoping that people would just assume they were getting a reduced price and not check? Pretty appalling if you ask me.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you believe it's false advertising you can report it to ASA.

"Will" is not "May" or "Could" or even "no more than" 😉.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Too late for the ASA now:

Capture.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.