by leaffyleif Contributor
Contributor

Are trade in prices accurate?

I’ve been toying with the idea of upgrading my existing Apple Watch S3 line to the S4, so I called in and was told my S3 is worth £150 and that could be used to offset fees etc.

I took my watch into store to have it looked over and they confirmed (and left a note on my account to the effect of) it met the required standards, HOWEVER the computers in store indicated it’s only worth £80.

I’ve just checked this online and lo and behold it says the S3 38mm Aluminium is valued at £80! Yet the S2 38mm Aluminium appears to be valued at £150! That can’t be right.

Are these values accurate? Am I being offered a better value over the phone as part of the upgrade process?

15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Are trade in prices accurate?

@leaffyleif  It’s not accurate at all.  I assume yours is the cellular version?  The s2 is not even cellular.  

Contributor

It certainly is the cellular version, @Chris_B. Thus my absolute bemusement at it all!

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @leaffyleif

Did you take this direct through EE?

Have you been able to speak with our upgrade department again to see how they generated that figure?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Contributor

Hi @Katie_B,

Yes, my device and plan are both through EE. The gentleman I spoke to (George, never got a second name) in upgrades quoted me £150 if the device was in good condition or £80 if not. The store I went to, Peterborough, quoted me £80 which matches the EE Recycle quote.

It’s very strange that EE Recycle is showing the Series 2 as having a higher trade-in value!

I’ll have to call the upgrades department again on Monday to reconfirm the numbers, as I would like to proceed but very unclear what the cost shall be.

by

Thanks for coming back to me @leaffyleif

Please let us know the outcome once you have spoken with the upgrades team.

Katie 🙂

Contributor

I’ve just tried starting this process online, but can’t seem to. When clicking through to start the upgrade process I’m sent to this url -

https://shop.ee.co.uk/auth/page.home.early.upgrade.ctn.watch

- which gives a “can’t find that page” error.

by

Have you tried clearing cache and cookies @leaffyleif?

What browser are you currently using?

Katie 🙂

Contributor

Morning @Katie_B,

I have indeed tried clearing browsing data, same result in both Safari and Chrome!

by

I have sent you a private message @leaffyleif

Please take a look and get back to me, 

Katie 🙂

Contributor

Thanks for your message, @Katie_B.

I got a call half hour ago (I’m at work, though this is fine), I was put on hold twice (also fine) and after 12 minutes bounced to another department. Questions were asked about what device I already had, which I would expect is information they should have in front of them. I terminated the call after being bounced.

It’s frustrating enough getting three different lots of information, having been bounced from a phone call to a physical store (again, not a major problem on it’s own).

I’m overall disappointed in how difficult it seems to be to answer what ostensibly is a pretty straightforward question. My inclination is to terminate my contracts and move to a new provider, as I don’t have time in my day to be chucked between departments. I’d sooner have the headache of getting everything set up and running smoothly than my day interrupted by folk who don’t appear to have everything available to them.

by

Hi @leaffyleif.

Do you know what department you were transferred to?

Do you need to speak with our Mobile Care team again?

Jon

Highlighted
Contributor

From Katie’s message I understand I started at the outbound team and was bounced to the upgrades team (who had previously sent me to a physical location who kept me for a good half hour before telling me to call again).

Not sure how much value there will be in Mobile Care team calling again (was that who I spoke to?)

For a communications company, I’m not seeing a huge volume of communication and I really can’t say it’s endearing. I’m going to take a look at the marketplace when I get home from work and sadly I think I just want to change provider.

It’s not the first issue I’ve had with EE (a serious data problem in Berlin despite having removed the Android components required to use data full stop) and the communication was terrible then, too.

by

Thanks @leaffyleif.

Our Mobile Care team will have access to your account and be able to look into this further.

If you wished to cancel, they would also be able to help with that.

Hopefully they can help resolve your issue and it doesn't need to come to a cancellation.

Jon

Contributor

Okay, @Jon_K, if they’re going to get on to me today then that’s great.

by

Hello there @leaffyleif

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.