by Zooneighbour Investigator
Investigator

App and website won’t show data usage reducing so I don’t know what’s left.

I’m new to EE and only have 1gb data as I’m not a huge user. However, I’m concerned that both the app and website are still showing that I have 1gb data left even though I have been deliberately trying to reduce it by watching tv on 4g.  I will have no idea if I’m close to using all the data at this rate. Can anyone advise please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: App and website won’t show data usage reducing so I don’t know what’s left.

Just to update you, I have since gone back into the app and it is now showing that I have used up nearly half of my data, which is probably correct as I was deliberately on YouTube videos for a while to check the data use. Shame I had to waste nearly half my data to get it to work though. Thanks again for your help. 

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community @Zooneighbour

Great to have you here 🙂

If you click on this link http://add-on.ee.co.uk/

What data shows remaining?

Thanks. Leanne.

Investigator

Hi Leanne, thanks for your reply. I tried the link and it shows I have 1gb of 1gb data left. Perhaps I should just phone EE about it. Thank you anyway. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Zooneighbour 

Do let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure you are not connected to WiFi? Then you won't be using mobile data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you for your suggestion but I made sure I came off WiFi and was only using 4g. However, I have since gone back into the app and it is now showing that I have used up nearly half of my data, which is probably correct as I was deliberately on YouTube videos for a while to check the data use. Shame I had to waste nearly half my data to get it to work though. Thanks again.

Investigator
Solution

Just to update you, I have since gone back into the app and it is now showing that I have used up nearly half of my data, which is probably correct as I was deliberately on YouTube videos for a while to check the data use. Shame I had to waste nearly half my data to get it to work though. Thanks again for your help. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zooneighbour

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for your allowances to update on your My EE account.

It's usually much quicker than that though.

I'm glad it seems to be working now.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.