cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding nicknames to Family members on EE website

ktglitz
Investigator
Investigator

I currently have an account with my daughters SIM added as family so that I can share data 

On the EE app it uses contact data from my phone so the family members all show up as their contact names.

When i access my account on the website the family members show up as mobile numbers. This is fine at the moment as there are only two if us.

I am about to add another two family members to the fold and it would be really handy if it was possible to add names/nicknames to each number to make them easier to identify.

Does such an option exist and I've not found it? 

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @ktglitz

Welcome to the community, thanks for coming here 🙂

If you log into your My EE account online and select Menu, your profile.

You will see the numbers within your profile and can edit these to what you would like 🙂

If you only see the one showing, go to Menu and select a different number and then your profile again.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Hi there,

This didn't seem to do what i was hoping as I still only get dropdowns with number in them and each number listed still appears without a name

Devices all show up with the phone model and then the mobile number so still no way to differentiate which is which on the website

See the attached image.... I've blocked out the numbers but they appear under the device names

Screenshot 2019-11-29 at 14.11.44.jpg

Leanne_T

Hi there @ktglitz

Thanks for coming back to me.

Is this after you have selected Menu > Your profile at the bottom of the list and then edit the name shown?

Leanne.

No matter what number i have selected, the editing of Your Profile only ever seems to change once and appears on the first page in but the overall display list never changes when all devices are listed

So if I change from KT Glitz to Bob Glitz no matter what device i then select and edit the profile for it shows as Bob Glitz

Leanne_T

I see thanks for trying @ktglitz

You could try calling our Mobile Care team, and see if they can add any names for you for the My EE online account.

Leanne 🙂

Hi I’ve tried to change my add on accounts names but I don’t seem to have this option through my EE on line. I’ve found my profile but then it only me details to change not my add ons? Is someone able to help me please 

James_B

Hi @Harriet36_,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you switched to viewing the mobile number you want to edit via the menu?

James

Hi, 

I am having a problem with my accounts and naming them. I have a BB account, 1x PAYG, 2x Sim-only and the 4GEE wifi mini. I have not been able to see a way to either bring them all into one account with one account number (i currently have an account number for the BB, one for the 2x sim only, one for the PAYG and one for the 4GEE wifi mini) (the 4GEE mini came with the broadband smart wifi)

as a result, I have 4 mobile numbers and it is very difficult to tell them apart. is there a way to assign a nickname to each of them and get them all under one account, I understand the broadband has to remain separate but at least then I have a broadband account and a mobile account.

Leanne_T

Hi there @ODPJon

Thanks for coming here. 

You are unable to add pay as you go and pay monthly accounts within the same My EE. 

Is the WiFi device pay monthly? 

Leanne 🙂